The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Corn on the Cob - Tried this?

oldfrt

• Total Posts: 269
Corn on the Cob - Tried this? Sun, 05/2/04 6:44 PM (permalink)
My cousin was in Florida last week and went to a friends house and they deep fried Grouper, with a batter, in a turkey cooker (hot oil) and then added corn on the cob (shucked) for a couple minutes, removed it, layered on Mayo and rolled in parmesan cheese mixed with pepper.

He said it was great! Anyone ever tried this one? Sounds good and will try it when the corn comes into season out here but wondered if anyone had this before and comments.

Don

BigGlenn

RE: Corn on the Cob - Tried this? Sun, 05/2/04 7:04 PM (permalink)
    Out here in California There is usually a guy/gal pushing a Shopping Cart around with Boiled corn on the cob. They have the Mayo, The Butter, The Mexican Dried Cheese (kinda like Parmesan Cheese) and to top it all off, Chili Pepper as little or as much as you want! $1.00 an ear and for the kiddes .50 cents for half an ear of corn. It doesn't stop there. Also in the same cart there is Chicharrones (Fried Pork Skins) which you can have dressed with Hot Sauce or Lime Juice. Messy but pretty good. It is 4:05 PM Sunday afternoon and I hear one being pushed down the street right now Honking his Bicycle Horn to draw attention. Not too far behind him, later in the evening the Hot Tamale Lady and her cart will make the rounds too.

6star

• Total Posts: 4388
      RE: Corn on the Cob - Tried this? Sun, 05/2/04 9:48 PM (permalink)
      About 6 or 7 years ago, my son and I were on a vacation, and at a restaurant along Route 180 in Gulf Shores, Alabama, we had deep-fried corn-on-the-cob as a side dish for the first time. We both loved it, and now at home at least half the time when we fix fresh corn-on-the-cob during the summer, we deep fry it. (My son prefers deep-fried over boiled.) Deep frying gives it a flavor that is a cross between boiled corn-on-the-cob and popcorn. I am almost afraid to tell him about the added garnishes of the mayo, parmesan cheese & pepper, since he already uses mayo on practically everything including using as a dip for chips and sometimes even on pizza!

meowzart

• Total Posts: 773
        RE: Corn on the Cob - Tried this? Mon, 05/3/04 9:41 AM (permalink)
        oldfrt...that sounds SO good!!! I ADORE corn on the cob, and will just have to try it that way this summer! MMMMMMmmmmmmm!

oldfrt

• Total Posts: 269
          RE: Corn on the Cob - Tried this? Mon, 05/3/04 8:07 PM (permalink)
          Looking forward to trying it myself! Maybe this weekend.

Don

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
            • No New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
            • Locked w/ New Messages
            • Locked w/o New Messages
            • Read Message
            • Post New Thread
            • Reply to message
            • Post New Poll
            • Submit Vote
            • Post reward post
            • Delete my own posts
            • Delete my own threads
            • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
            What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com