The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

The sad demise of a Cincinnati legend

Wallyum

• Total Posts: 627
The sad demise of a Cincinnati legend Wed, 05/5/04 12:56 AM (permalink)
Soccer games and family requests didn't leave me much time for dinner this evening, so when I found a moment I stopped into Dixie Chili in Newport for a 3-way and a couple of coneys before work. The Newport store is the one that I've been going to for almost 40 years, but since my grandparents passed away in 2002 my visits have become less frequent. After tonight they may have stopped for good. I couldn't believe how far downhill Dixie has gone in the past few years. The chili is almost tasteless anymore and seems to have been thickened up by something, possibly cornstarch. I ate one of my Coneys straight and it was so bland that I doused the second one with Texas Pete hot sauce just to give it some life. My 3 way was equally as lifeless, with the cheese being the strongest flavor, followed closely by the crackers. The taste of the chili was almost non-existent. This used to be my meal of choice on birthdays, graduation, etc. A co-worker and fellow lifelong Dixie eater claims that people he has talked to have told him that it hasn't been the same since the chief cook retired a few years back. After tonight I'm inclined to believe him. Guess I'll be a Skyline guy from now on.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com