The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

new vendor/great forum

dharma dog

• Total Posts: 38
new vendor/great forum Wed, 05/12/04 8:07 PM (permalink)
I just found this forum. Wow!
I am in the process of starting a dog cart business in south eastern ontario. I'm often trolling the internet for info and recipes. am seriously happy to find this site!
i started doing some dog research in Vienna, Austria this year...the sausage kiosks there are open 24 hours and have a very long tradition in the city....to the point of sausages being considered after opera food!
My favourite dog was memorable not so much for the meat, but the topping...a very mild, grated in front of my eyes horseradish...ahhh. served with a grilled sausage, dark rye bread, and a mild dijon mustard!

UncleVic

• Total Posts: 6025
    • Roadfood Insider
    RE: new vendor/great forum Sun, 05/16/04 1:24 PM (permalink)
    Welcome Aboard! I've always had a dream of owning a cart! Someday... Maybee.... Ha ha... But ya, I've searched high and low for recipe ideas (even found a few on this board) for the best chili sauce... Finally came up with the final product doing hit and miss using my own recipe... But oh so fun to read and study! If your intrested, email me and when time permits I'll dig thru the 100's if not thousands of pages I've saved and forward ya the highlights! (Of course I hope you share the same also)... Good Luck on your venture there! Take some pics and share them with rest of us roadfood'rs!

signman

• Total Posts: 1743
      RE: new vendor/great forum Mon, 05/17/04 12:55 AM (permalink)
      There is no greater value in North America than a grilled hot dog from the vendors in Toronto. Big 4 or 5 to the pound, grilled just the way you want it, and an buffet of toppings, for only $2CDN. But despite a great product and a great tradition in Ontario, I'm guessing that the key to success is still location, location, location.

dharma dog

• Total Posts: 38
        RE: new vendor/great forum Tue, 05/18/04 4:51 PM (permalink)

Originally posted by UncleVic

Welcome Aboard! I've always had a dream of owning a cart! Someday... Maybee.... Ha ha... But ya, I've searched high and low for recipe ideas (even found a few on this board) for the best chili sauce... Finally came up with the final product doing hit and miss using my own recipe... But oh so fun to read and study! If your intrested, email me and when time permits I'll dig thru the 100's if not thousands of pages I've saved and forward ya the highlights! (Of course I hope you share the same also)... Good Luck on your venture there! Take some pics and share them with rest of us roadfood'rs!

Uncle Vic- thanks for the offer! I tried to email you but it bounced back to me. So, how 'bout you email me ar mtomkow203@yahoo.ca and send me those recipe highlights!
        dharma dog

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
          • No New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
          • Locked w/ New Messages
          • Locked w/o New Messages
          • Read Message
          • Post New Thread
          • Reply to message
          • Post New Poll
          • Submit Vote
          • Post reward post
          • Delete my own posts
          • Delete my own threads
          • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
          What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com