The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Lobster Rolls

acornlover

Lobster Rolls Thu, 05/13/04 7:39 PM (permalink)
Hello!
This may an old subject, but I am on a quest for the perfect "Lobster Roll" I live in New England and and have been trying these rolls at every "Roadfood" place I try. Here are some of my experiences:

Denmos- awful, rubbery,cold lobster the only good thing was the roll

Glenwood, Hamden Ct- I have not tried this yet, my daughter goes to school in Hamden, should I try this on my next trip?

Haraseeket Lobster, Freeport, ME- beautiful setting, ok roll

Chauncey Creek Lobster, Kittery, ME- pretty good, served on hamburg type roll, location was so nice

Sea Basket-Wiscasset, ME Really good lobster, different homemade roll, ICEBERG lettuce roll, fresh and tasty(I have not tried Red's yet because the lines are TOO LONG, this summer I'll call ahead)

Sarah's-Wiscasset, ME Ok, homemade roll was nice, the specialty here are AMAZING soups and homemade breads

Cooleen's Clam bar rt 130 Wiscasett, ME-a new place owned by former New Yorkers, good lobster, but "fancy" lettuce I took off and asked for melted butter, nice people , I will go back

Shaw's New Harbor ME: pretty good, I prefer the shore dinner here

Now last night we went to (although not roadfood)"Summer Shack" in Cambridge, and the lobster roll had cucumber, scallions and "Fancy" lettuce, YUK, I was very dissapointed, the roll was toasted and not grilled, but, the oysters were EXCELLENT and service great.

Kelly's- Natck, MA Ok ,I'd rAther have roast beef and FRENCH FRIES!

An Aside- the '99' makes a passable lobster roll

On with my quest!
Kathy

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com