The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Guidelines for submitting a review?

Tony Bad

Guidelines for submitting a review? Sat, 06/12/04 12:33 AM (permalink)
Sorry if I am just missing the obvious, but is there somewhere on this site that summarizes exactly what one needs to do, and what data needs to be gathered to submit a review? I realize that anything would be subject to edit and approval, but I have a couple of good places I'd love to submit, but want to be thorough and share some of the places I know!

Thanks in advance for pointing me in the right direction.

Stephen Rushmore Jr.

RE: Guidelines for submitting a review? Sat, 06/12/04 7:04 AM (permalink)
    When you step through the process it explains what is required. It goes something like this - You need to have a digital photo of some of the food items, you need to know the address, the review needs to be well written (like the other reviews on the site) and describe the eating experience in detail. The approval process typically takes a week.

tsores

• Total Posts: 653
      RE: Guidelines for submitting a review? Sun, 11/7/04 2:00 PM (permalink)
      I have submitted three reviews. Two are posted but one remains in the approved state but not posted. I see the "Restaurant of the Day" postings recycled and this new one remains in limbo. (Oink's in Michigan.) My question is what does it take to get this, or any, review posted?

If there is something I am doing wrong, tell me.
      If the content is not worthy of posting, tell me.
      If you want me to go away, tell me. I will stop wasting your time and mine. But please give the courtesy of a response so I either know what to do or to stop. I have sent e-mails with no response to date.

Thanks.

Ashley Wilkes

• Total Posts: 80
        RE: Guidelines for submitting a review? Sun, 11/7/04 4:20 PM (permalink)
        Tsores, I agree with every word you posted. I submitted a review over two months ago. No action has been taken on my review so far.

I inquired as to the status over a month ago and was told that “due diligence” was needed before it would be approved. The restaurant I reviewed was atypical of rural Georgia, so I can understand a little caution about my review. However, a brief call to the restaurant could have verified the mention in my review of the dining area with a view of a river with alligators that sometimes are seen while dining.

Stephen Rushmore Jr.

RE: Guidelines for submitting a review? Wed, 11/10/04 8:08 AM (permalink)
          We receive hundreds of pieces of user contributed content each week at Roadfood.com, and while I would love to communicate why something didn't get posted on the site, it simply isn't feasible. We really value the contributions and sometimes they might take a few weeks to get posted because of the long queue.

Please keep in mind that recently I have been very busy working on a new version of Roadfood.com so I have been slacking more than usual on approving the reviews.

Thanks for your patience. If things go well the new site will be running in a few weeks and operations can return back to normal.

Scott_R

• Total Posts: 127
            RE: Guidelines for submitting a review? Sun, 07/24/05 1:57 PM (permalink)
            Must the photo be of the *food* rather than the outside of the establishment? I've seen many examples of Roadfood reviews with just the latter. Personally, I'd prefer to see what the place looks like rather than the food. I don't think a photo of the food really communicates very much. To use a crass example: McDonald's. The ads always show very attractive food, but (to me) the actual taste I've avoided for the past 15 years. A picture of a McDonald's communicates that much better than does a photo of the food.

Stephen Rushmore Jr.

RE: Guidelines for submitting a review? Sun, 07/24/05 2:11 PM (permalink)
              A photo of the food is a requirement, and the reviews that are missing one have been "grandfathered" from the early days.

BTW, the foods should not be "ad quality", but the real deal - what is served to you.

aharste

RE: Guidelines for submitting a review? Mon, 10/31/05 4:49 PM (permalink)
                Regarding member submitted reviews; I noticed a few reviews today under latest logbook entries that are one sentence reviews with no photos, no food details, etc. I don't consider this information helpful at all. Are these reviews not subject to any guidelines?

mbrookes

• Total Posts: 1350
                  RE: Guidelines for submitting a review? Tue, 11/1/05 12:11 PM (permalink)
                  If there is a mistake in a review, or a situation has changed, how is this best pointed out? I have submitted that Abe's Barbeque in Clarksdale, MS, does indeed serve beer (the review says no alcohol)and Hicks (also in Clarksdale) is now closed. This doesn't seem to show up anywhere.

Stephen Rushmore Jr.

RE: Guidelines for submitting a review? Tue, 11/1/05 1:41 PM (permalink)
                    Roadfood Insider members are able to write eating notes in the "Logbook." These are not reviewed by the Roadfood.com editors and users have the option to make them visible to other Roadfood Insiders.

Bruce Bilmes and Susan Boyle

• Roadfood Insider
                      RE: Guidelines for submitting a review? Tue, 11/1/05 2:54 PM (permalink)
                      mbrookes, I spoke with the Coahoma County Tourism Commission, and they said that the Hicks Superette is closed, but not the tamale operation.

Bruce

mbrookes

RE: Guidelines for submitting a review? Wed, 11/2/05 2:10 PM (permalink)
                        Thanks for the update. The local newspaper sounded like the whole thing was closed. I'm very happy to be corrected. Would hate to lose a good source of tamales.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                          • No New Messages
                          • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                          • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                          • Locked w/ New Messages
                          • Locked w/o New Messages
                          • Read Message
                          • Post New Thread
                          • Reply to message
                          • Post New Poll
                          • Submit Vote
                          • Post reward post
                          • Delete my own posts
                          • Delete my own threads
                          • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                          What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com