Disappointment in Indiana

Author
DianneGT
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
2004/06/17 13:51:20 (permalink)

Disappointment in Indiana

Be warned... The Roadfood review of Zaharako's in Columbus, Indiana is WAY off base!

We were visiting the in-law's, who frequented Zaharako's while teenagers, and we insisted on trying it out after the favorable Roadfood review. What a bitter disappointment.

First, the place hardly resembles the photos. Everything is covered with dust and grime and it was filled with cigarette smoke. There was one elderly man behind the counter who began to explain to us (obviously not his regular customers) that he had been at the hospital all morning. What appetizing information.

We wandered to the back to look at the organ and let the in-laws go down memory lane. The pipe organ was interesting, but the old man almost fainted trying to get it started.

It became obvious that he was the only help in the place when he came shuffling in from the back with a package of hot dogs and sliced cheese from the back freezer.

The place was so overwhelmingly filthy and dilapidated. I finally told my husband that if all five of us ordered something it just might kill the man - even if it was just an ice cream.

We thanked him and left.

My biggest regret is that I can't submit a review because we didn't actually partake of their offerings.

You've been warned...

8 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1