The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Anybody know of any pre-cooked well done hot dogs?

nibiru_3600

• Total Posts: 43
Anybody know of any pre-cooked well done hot dogs? Tue, 07/13/04 9:50 PM (permalink)
Hey folks. I want to sell corn dogs at my local fair. So far, I've been experimenting with Beef Oscar Meyer hot dogs (in my kitchen). The hot dog meat comes out a little too raw after I batter-coat and fry them. I find pre-cooking my hot dogs beforehand come out MUCH better. But pre-cooking can be time consuming. So I was wondering if anybody knew of any brands that were a little more well-done or any cooking techniques/machines that could speed up the process?. I wouldn't want my customers waiting too long. I would prefer them NOT to be pork based because a lot of people here don't eat pork. But can anyone help me out? Thanks.

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17801
    RE: Anybody know of any pre-cooked well done hot dogs? Tue, 07/13/04 9:53 PM (permalink)
    Umm, Are you using hot dogs that haven't been pre-cooked? If so, where do you find them?

spud

• Total Posts: 273
      RE: Anybody know of any pre-cooked well done hot dogs? Tue, 07/13/04 11:32 PM (permalink)
      all hot dogs are fully cooked during their manufacture. there is no such thing as a "raw" hot dog. all they need is to be heated to bring out thier flavor.

Jennifer_4

• Total Posts: 1508
        RE: Anybody know of any pre-cooked well done hot dogs? Wed, 07/14/04 6:32 AM (permalink)
        best supermarket hot dogs are definitely Nathan's.

nibiru_3600

RE: Anybody know of any pre-cooked well done hot dogs? Wed, 07/14/04 10:58 AM (permalink)
          Yes I know they're pre-cooked. But they don't really taste that way at all. Plus, if anyone knows of any other type of meat that tastes better than a hot dog that I could substitute let me know.

ChiliDog

• Total Posts: 126
            RE: Anybody know of any pre-cooked well done hot dogs? Wed, 07/14/04 1:46 PM (permalink)
            It sounds as if you might have the temprature of your oil set to high, and so you're fully cooking the batter before the dog has a chance to warm up.

nibiru_3600

RE: Anybody know of any pre-cooked well done hot dogs? Thu, 07/15/04 10:14 PM (permalink)
              quote:
              Originally posted by davesgrill

It sounds as if you might have the temprature of your oil set to high, and so you're fully cooking the batter before the dog has a chance to warm up.
              Nah. I followed the directions on the recipe. I'm going to try something else. A new topic that might help me.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                • No New Messages
                • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                • Locked w/ New Messages
                • Locked w/o New Messages
                • Read Message
                • Post New Thread
                • Reply to message
                • Post New Poll
                • Submit Vote
                • Post reward post
                • Delete my own posts
                • Delete my own threads
                • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com