kansas city ok city wichita desmoines ballpark vac

Author
wanderingjew
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 7911
2003/04/22 14:28:31 (permalink)

kansas city ok city wichita desmoines ballpark vac

Any last chance suggestions? Leaving this friday. Will return after May 31 with a few reviews!
As some of you may already know. I'm heading on a baseball trip to the mid west for a one week period over memorial day weekend. Of course I plan to sample regional cuisine everywhere i go. First a few questions which I am hoping some of my fellow "foodies" can answer.
1. I'm stopping in Milwaukee and of course plan to sample some brats and cheese curds at the ball park. Now I have one meal left, should I go for a butter burger at Solly's or should I check out a local German Restaurant, if so which one?
2. I'm stopping in Kansas City to see the Royals. I've been to Arthur Bryant's and Gates and both were great. Any new recomendations for Kansas City style "Q"
3. I'm also checking out the minor league ball park in Des Moines IA. I love Iowa Chops and have been to the Machine Shed twice before and had their humongous stuffed chop. Thought this time around I might try a new place. Any suggestions?
4. I'm passing through Wichita Kansas and heard about a local cuisine called Bierocks, I believe these are similar to Runza's which are served in Nebraska. Does anyone know of any restaurants within a 20 mile radius of Wichita that serves a good one?
5. I'm stopping in Oklahoma City to catch the Redhawks, another minor league baseball team. I know that OK City is known for great regional cuisine, but I may only have time for one meal. Should I go for Mexican, Chicken Fried Steak or BBQ? Any ideas on restaurants?

Thanks for all your help

10 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1