The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Hot and Now Burgers?

jm3amdg

• Total Posts: 26
Hot and Now Burgers? Wed, 07/28/04 10:51 AM (permalink)
I recently moved to Southwest Michigan after a life in sunny southern California. I have noticed a small chain of drive-through burger stands called Hot and Now in the Kalamazoo/Battle Creek/Coldwater area. Can anyone comment on the quality of the burger? IOW, is it worth the stop?

emsmom

• Total Posts: 955
    RE: Hot and Now Burgers? Wed, 07/28/04 11:16 AM (permalink)
    We had a Hot n Now in our city for a couple of years. The price was cheap but the product was your standard tasteless hamburger pattie, with mustard, ketchup, onion flakes and pickle. If was a drive through only and had no place to sit down and eat. It didn't last very long. I really don't think it would be worth the trip for you.

signman

• Total Posts: 1743
      RE: Hot and Now Burgers? Thu, 07/29/04 1:55 AM (permalink)
      Haven't seen one of these in like 10 years. Went to one in Hanover Pa once. I agree with emsmom.

UncleVic

• Total Posts: 6025
        • Roadfood Insider
        RE: Hot and Now Burgers? Sun, 08/1/04 9:21 PM (permalink)
        I beleive they closed all the Hot n Nows in Grand Rapids area... Cheap food, but had some real tasty fries! I think a small local chain called Get-em-n-Go may have knocked them out... Same low prices, but a better quality product! http://www.getemngo.com/ (Also, they have really good chili dogs!).

Poverty Pete

• Total Posts: 2266
          RE: Hot and Now Burgers? Sun, 08/1/04 9:33 PM (permalink)
          I didn't know those were still around. This is a prefab concept by Yum, whose other properties include Taco Bell, Pepsi and KFC. I used to work across the street from their headquarters and test kitchen. I wasn't impressed.

Jennifer_4

• Total Posts: 1508
            RE: Hot and Now Burgers? Sun, 08/1/04 11:15 PM (permalink)
            We used to have a Hot N Now as well.. but ours were excellent..they were the only burgers around that were actually seasoned~.. and they used to have a day a year where you could get a free burger for yourself and your passengers in the drivethru.. we used to have 6 stores in our town and we'd hit every single one.. eat what we wanted, freeze the rest...yum~ I was so sorry to see them go!

• Total Posts: 335
              RE: Hot and Now Burgers? Tue, 08/3/04 2:54 AM (permalink)
              quote:
              Originally posted by jm3amdg

I recently moved to Southwest Michigan after a life in sunny southern California. I have noticed a small chain of drive-through burger stands called Hot and Now in the Kalamazoo/Battle Creek/Coldwater area. Can anyone comment on the quality of the burger? IOW, is it worth the stop?

Hot 'N Now is not that great, but they have a website at http://www.hotbrands.biz, but it seems to be on the fritz at the moment. In the mid-1990s they planned on expanding into Ohio (I know of two restaurants in the Dayton area that partially converted partially with red and beige tiles and green motif--the one on Woodman Drive is a coffee shop now IIRC), but that never happened. It seems to me most of their restaurants are in Michigan, although I have seen a couple in Indiana (Angola, on IN 127 north of town) and Wisconsin (Sheboygan, in the Amoco on WI 23 just east of I-43). In a yellow pages site search for their restaurants in Ohio a while back they only had one listing in the Buckeye state--Toledo, just south of the state in which they are headquartered.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                • No New Messages
                • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                • Locked w/ New Messages
                • Locked w/o New Messages
                • Read Message
                • Post New Thread
                • Reply to message
                • Post New Poll
                • Submit Vote
                • Post reward post
                • Delete my own posts
                • Delete my own threads
                • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com