The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Manero's Steakhouse

Wholebelly

• Total Posts: 23
Manero's Steakhouse Tue, 08/3/04 2:45 PM (permalink)
Has anyone been to Manero's in Greenwich, Connecticut lately? I've not been in years, but it was always tops in my book. They even have a butcher shop where you can by Prime cuts.

http://www.maneros-greenwichct.com/

Rick51NH

• Total Posts: 29
    RE: Manero's Steakhouse Fri, 08/13/04 7:30 PM (permalink)
    I used to go to Manero's in LI 10 years ago when I lived there. Unfortunately, they later had good days and off days and for the price I was paying for dinner, I stopped going. When they had a good day, their prime rib & steaks were awesome. They had a bottomless salad and they featured a homemade gorgonzola dressing which was great. Their other dressings were great too and were for sale.

the ancient mariner

• Total Posts: 3987
      RE: Manero's Steakhouse Sat, 08/14/04 2:41 PM (permalink)
      A few months ago Manero's was sold and unfortunately, as in so many other cases, It Ain't The Same Anymore.......we used to go there about once a month. Since it changed hands we were there twice and
      it will be a long time before we go again. It is a shame. We will give it one more shot.

Big Rush

• Total Posts: 6
        RE: Manero's Steakhouse Sat, 08/14/04 4:49 PM (permalink)
        Our family has a term we call "the Manero's Syndrome." 40 years ago we started going to Manero's on Long Island. It had the best steaks, onion rings, garlic toast and gorgonzola cheese salads. No other restaurant could match it. Then, ever so slowly, it started going down hill. It wasn't what it use to be. However, we kept returning, hoping that it would get better- and retun it its glory days. It never did. So we coined the term Manero Syndrome to be used when we keep going back to restaurants that were once good and and hoping that our last visit was merely just a bad day.

tonemonster2

• Total Posts: 187
          RE: Manero's Steakhouse Wed, 09/8/04 1:59 PM (permalink)
          I went there twice when I lived in Greenwich 2 years ago and would not recommend it.

Noirewe

• Total Posts: 2
            RE: Manero's Steakhouse Tue, 12/14/04 12:39 AM (permalink)
            quote:
            Originally posted by Wholebelly

Has anyone been to Manero's in Greenwich, Connecticut lately? I've not been in years, but it was always tops in my book. They even have a butcher shop where you can by Prime cuts.

http://www.maneros-greenwichct.com/

Noirewe

• Total Posts: 2
              RE: Manero's Steakhouse Tue, 12/14/04 1:09 AM (permalink)
              End of an Era

I had happy childhood memories of Birthday's at Manero's Steak House in Greenwich. I would come to the restaurant with my parents for special occasions. You always felt welcome seeing Mr. Manero at the door wearing his chef hat and greeting each of us by name. You knew you would have a great meal and an enjoyable time When I had a family of my own I continued the tradition with them. Friends all knew that a gift certificate from Manero's was always a welcomed gift for me.

Tonight I made my first visit since Manero's changed ownership.I had a gift certificate given to me in the past. When my daughter, my friends, and I ordered, I questioned if a gift certificate would still be welcome. Instead of being told that they were no longer being honored, or that it had expired, I was told that it was "counterfeit". I was shocked by that statement, but we continued with our dinner. When we were leaving I felt truly dismayed, this was the end of an era. It is sad that memories of a friendly welcome and good food are just that.....memories

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                • No New Messages
                • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                • Locked w/ New Messages
                • Locked w/o New Messages
                • Read Message
                • Post New Thread
                • Reply to message
                • Post New Poll
                • Submit Vote
                • Post reward post
                • Delete my own posts
                • Delete my own threads
                • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com