Los Angeles Pizza

Author
Steve Doggie-Dogg
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 32
2004/08/03 16:48:48 (permalink)

Los Angeles Pizza

I have had terrible luck finding good pizza in LA. California Pizza Kitchen has got to be one of the worst places to eat in the world, with pizzas so small a mosquito would go away hungry and some of the least manly toppings I have ever heard of. Most of the pizza around here is of the delivery variety... cardboard crust with a little bit of dampness on top to simulate toppings. If you're lucky you might find a takeout place serving elementary school cafeteria style 'za cut into squares. That's as good as you can hope for at most places. Even the "good joints" let you down with topheavy pizza where all the toppings slide off like the hillsides in Malibu after a good rain, or woefully unbalanced pizzas with too much of some things and too little of others.

I finally found a place that makes me happy though... Dino's Pizza on the corner of Hollywood Way and Burbank Bl in Burbank. They aren't open after 9 pm (nothing is in Burbank), but it's darn near perfect... Family owned, fresh ingredients, homemade everything, fair prices and great service. I went there again last night and had a Meat Lover's Pizza with fresh basil. It was great. Folks in the LA area should definitely check it out. It's just down the street from the Burbank Bob Hope airport, so if you're visiting the area, it's a good place to fill up after a long flight.

26 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1