The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Defunct Major Brand Frozen Pizzas I Remember

johno

• Total Posts: 16
Defunct Major Brand Frozen Pizzas I Remember Thu, 08/5/04 2:39 AM (permalink)
1) Hungry-Man from Swanson. This had a weird sour-and-sweet taste, and when I wanted one, I wanted one. It was about 9x12, 1/2" thick crust, some weird sauce and cheese. The cheese was like thin slices of cheese before baking. It lived up to its name. Pete Rose did a TV commercial for this, I wish I had a tape of it, he said/mumbled something like "The only things I hate are striking out and skimpy pizzas." They had a mail-in offer for a "Hungry Man" pizza cutter, and I still have it and use it. It'll outlast me--and to remind me forever, it has the original "Hungry-Man" logo on the blade.

2) Chef Boy-Ar-Dee frozen pizza. I remember a yellow box (cheese) and a red box (pepperoni?). Thin lousy crust, Boy-Ar-Dee sauce, and about the smallest amount of cheese they could get away with. But it was cheap and OK for that.

3) Kraft Frozen Pizza. Blue Box. This came on a very thin, non-reusable, aluminum pan with holes in it. Middle thickness crust, great cheese, mediocre sauce.

I wish, oh how I wish, all three would be brought back. Hungry-Man the most.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com