Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

crackerbarrel

Change Page: < 1234 | Showing page 4 of 4, messages 91 to 103 of 103
wanderingjew

• Total Posts: 7384
  • Roadfood Insider
RE: crackerbarrel Tue, 07/26/05 5:31 PM (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by chezkatie

quote:
Originally posted by meowzart

quote:
Originally posted by AndreaB
the "Barrel" is going to be the best you can find right off the highway for the type of food they serve. Sorry, but that's the way it is.

Andrea

Maybe its the best YOU can find.

Andrea, somehow I am just positive you are Cracker Barrell's favorite customer and salesperson. They should put you on the payroll. You are quite an advertisement for them.

Oh my goodness............I thought that she was the CEO for this corporation.

I remember back in December of 1999 I was living in Pittsburgh and was driving down to Atlanta (actually Forsyth County out in the boonies) to visit a friend. I planned out my trip to stop on Smmerville West Virginia for breakfast. I asked around for recommendations, of course everyone gave me all the fast food and chain recommendations. I went on to yahoo yellow pages, and found a nice little greasy spoon in Summerville and I recall having a nice breakfast. So the lesson is.....If I am ever in Kentucky, no matter where, I WILL ALWAYS find an out of the way local place and snub my nose at Cracker Barrel every time.

The Travelin Man

• Total Posts: 3698
    RE: crackerbarrel Tue, 07/26/05 5:32 PM (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Hillbilly

When does a "Roadfood" place become the much hated "Chain"?

I could have written a glowing report on our "Roadfood" discovery if this forum had been in operation when we stopped at the original Cracker Barrell in Lebanon, Tennessee on our way from Nashville to North Carolina back in 1972. The menu at the gas station/country store/restaurant (yes, they did have gas pumps at that time) included great country ham, REAL maple syrup for the kids' pancakes, and old country favorites chicken & dumplings, pinto beans, cabbage and corn bread. They still have those same menu items and they are still among my favorites when we're on the road (especially in an area outside the South where no other place serves up this kind of food). In my book, this is the very essence of Roadfood, regardless of how many places they have.

I also am a big fan of "Steak "N Shake", "Sonic", "Friendly's" and others where they serve up good food.

This sounds like an idea for a new thread....

AndreaB

• Total Posts: 1303
      RE: crackerbarrel Wed, 07/27/05 6:49 PM (permalink)
      quote:
      Originally posted by meowzart

quote:
      Originally posted by AndreaB
      the "Barrel" is going to be the best you can find right off the highway for the type of food they serve. Sorry, but that's the way it is.

Andrea

Maybe its the best YOU can find.

Andrea, somehow I am just positive you are Cracker Barrell's favorite customer and salesperson. They should put you on the payroll. You are quite an advertisement for them.

Well, to tell you the truth I probably eat there once a year, but if they want to hire for promotion I'd write a song for them but I'm probably too scrawny and it appears they don't need much advertisement anyway. Eat where ya want and let others eat where they want. Yah, I'm sure I could find a better place in town, but ya know, sometimes the 15 extra miles just ain't worth it when I'm working on the road. Sometimes food is just "food".

Andrea

SteveB9

• Total Posts: 46
        RE: crackerbarrel Sat, 07/30/05 7:39 PM (permalink)
        Well, there certainly are little local places that are much better than CB, but unless one knows the area, these are hard to find. Cracker Barrel is pretty consistent, and their breakfast is not bad. And, I never worry about the political stuff. That's just PC tripe.

the grillman

• Total Posts: 624
          RE: crackerbarrel Sat, 07/30/05 9:09 PM (permalink)
          quote:
          Originally posted by SteveB9

Well, there certainly are little local places that are much better than CB, but unless one knows the area, these are hard to find. Cracker Barrel is pretty consistent, and their breakfast is not bad. And, I never worry about the political stuff. That's just PC tripe.

couldn't have said it better!

tiki

• Total Posts: 4135
            RE: crackerbarrel Sat, 07/30/05 9:24 PM (permalink)
            Just wondering---is taking a stand based on your sence of morality "PC tripe"by the way---tripe is the lining of a cow stomach---trite is somothing you feel is petty and meaningless.

porkbeaks

• Total Posts: 2201
              RE: crackerbarrel Sat, 07/30/05 10:01 PM (permalink)
              quote:
              Originally posted by tiki

Just wondering---is taking a stand based on your sence of mprality "PC tripeby the way---tripe is the lining of a cow stomach---trite is somothing you feel is petty and meaningless.

"Tripe" is also accepted slang for nonsense. "Trite" indeed refers to something meaningless, but more specifically, something made meaningless by constant use. By definition(s) either word is effective when speaking about most of the "pc" "bs". JMHO, pb

Adjudicator

• Total Posts: 5057
                RE: crackerbarrel Sun, 07/31/05 9:52 AM (permalink)
                This thread ain't dead yet?

Poverty Pete

• Total Posts: 2266
                  RE: crackerbarrel Sun, 07/31/05 10:26 AM (permalink)
                  For me, the food at CB is acceptable. I don't like the crowds, and I find the misspelled menu offensive.
                  I also wouldn't send my dry cleaning to a place named Kleaners. If you can't spell it, you can't do it!

sizz

• Total Posts: 1682
                    RE: crackerbarrel Sun, 07/31/05 1:09 PM (permalink)
                    quote:
                    Poverty Pete Posted - 07/31/2005 : 10:26:13
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    I find the misspelled menu offensive.
                    I also wouldn't send my dry cleaning to a place named Kleaners. If you can't spell it, you can't do it!

I understand McDonald's spells hamburger correctly so you might want to try that place.
                    I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg.
                    The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt.

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17826
                      RE: crackerbarrel Sun, 07/31/05 1:45 PM (permalink)
                      What I really love about Cracker Barrel is the fact that so many of them are located near Waffle House restaurants. One of my very favorite Cracker Barrels is right across U.S. 36 and U.S. 37 in Sunbury, Ohio from a terrific Waffle House where Betty Boop's biggest fan works the counter. Almost as good is the fact that right next to that great Cracker Barrel is a White Castle. Yessir, I love Cracker Barrel.

Poverty Pete

• Total Posts: 2266
                        RE: crackerbarrel Sun, 07/31/05 2:06 PM (permalink)
                        I tried McDonald's. I've had better. I don't recall saying that spelling was the only criteria that I use. Then again, perhaps I didn't understand you correctly. Your message is as nonsensical as your spelling, but who could have predicted that?

PCC

• Total Posts: 111
                          RE: crackerbarrel Mon, 08/1/05 12:06 AM (permalink)
                          Out here in Lincoln, NE, Cracker Barrel is the only restaurant that serves sweetened ice tea, grits and green beans that have been cooked for a decent length of time.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                            Change Page: < 1234 | Showing page 4 of 4, messages 91 to 103 of 103

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                            • No New Messages
                            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                            • Locked w/ New Messages
                            • Locked w/o New Messages
                            • Read Message
                            • Post New Thread
                            • Reply to message
                            • Post New Poll
                            • Submit Vote
                            • Post reward post
                            • Delete my own posts
                            • Delete my own threads
                            • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                            What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com