The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Demise of BurgerBoy/Greasy Spoon

wallhd

Demise of BurgerBoy/Greasy Spoon Tue, 08/24/04 7:00 AM (permalink)
In yesterday's mail I received what turned out to be the final issue of the little newsletter/magazine Greasy Spoon, formerly known as Burger Boy.

In an editorial inside the front cover of issue # 18 the publisher, Dirk Burhans, said he's ready to move on (and go fishing too).

I don't think Greasy Spoon had a very large circulation at all, but it was a fun little magazine to get.

Best wishes to Dirk Burhans (even though he never had a story about Clare & Carl's!).

Wally
Plattsburgh NY

marberthenad

• Total Posts: 509
    RE: Demise of BurgerBoy/Greasy Spoon Tue, 08/24/04 8:12 AM (permalink)
    Looks like it was a lot of fun to read. Saw on their website that they profiled "The Waffle Shop" in downtown DC. Great looking place, but I have yet to have a good meal there ...

Website says that back issues and a bound copy of all issues can be ordered. Was it food reviews or more about history/architecture?
    quote:
    Originally posted by wallhd

In yesterday's mail I received what turned out to be the final issue of the little newsletter/magazine Greasy Spoon, formerly known as Burger Boy.

In an editorial inside the front cover of issue # 18 the publisher, Dirk Burhans, said he's ready to move on (and go fishing too).

I don't think Greasy Spoon had a very large circulation at all, but it was a fun little magazine to get.

Best wishes to Dirk Burhans (even though he never had a story about Clare & Carl's!).

Wally
    Plattsburgh NY

wallhd

RE: Demise of BurgerBoy/Greasy Spoon Tue, 08/24/04 8:55 AM (permalink)
      GS/BB was probably a little more slanted towards the history/arch. aspect, but there were some food reviews from time to time as well.

Wally

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
        • No New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
        • Locked w/ New Messages
        • Locked w/o New Messages
        • Read Message
        • Post New Thread
        • Reply to message
        • Post New Poll
        • Submit Vote
        • Post reward post
        • Delete my own posts
        • Delete my own threads
        • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
        What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com