The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

The Shake Shack

bubbaboy

The Shake Shack Wed, 09/1/04 8:36 AM (permalink)
Tried a few burgers at this joint in NYC on 23rd & Madison...i'm a believer that bigger isn't always better when referring to a burger and these were perfect...about a 1/4 pound and on a perfectly toasted bun...the shakes were great too...i apologize in advance if this has been covered before but a search turned up nothing.

JD

Howard Baratz

• Total Posts: 445
    RE: The Shake Shack Wed, 09/1/04 5:28 PM (permalink)
    You've got to hand it to Danny Meyer. Along with being one of New York's finest upscale restauranteurs (Union Square Cafe, etc.) he truly has the heart of a Roadfoodie. He opened Blue Smoke, a hit-and-miss (fortunately, more hit than miss these days) but lovingingly-rendered barbeque joint and a wonderfully-reviewed Chicago Hot Dog cart and the Shake Shack in Madison Square Park. By the way, Mr. Meyer is also one of the movers and shakers behind the Farmer's Market in Union Square.

mttbrn

• Total Posts: 9
      RE: The Shake Shack Wed, 09/1/04 5:37 PM (permalink)
      The Shake Shack was a bit of a let down for me personally. I didn't try the burger but the "Chicago" style dog came on a bun that was all wrong and the frozen custard was so-so. As a rule I'm not a fan of places that prepare items in the style of another area (i.e. "chicago" style hot dogs and "st. louis" style concretes in NYC. How about serving the best damn NY style dog you can?) I guess I had high hopes because I work in the area but I think I'll still head over to Eisenberg's Lunch Counter when I want to treat myself to a good lunch.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
        • No New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
        • Locked w/ New Messages
        • Locked w/o New Messages
        • Read Message
        • Post New Thread
        • Reply to message
        • Post New Poll
        • Submit Vote
        • Post reward post
        • Delete my own posts
        • Delete my own threads
        • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
        What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com