top hat burgers or the giant system

Author
banjoplayer21
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 6
2005/05/24 00:19:56 (permalink)

top hat burgers or the giant system

when i was younger we used to go to a greasy spoon type place in taylor mi., called the giant system,,, if ya likes em greazzy try these baby's got a good wet burger taste, they also have good chilli.. S-o-o-o my big question is has anyone out there seen or heard about a top hats burger place still being open?? i haven't seen one since 1996 down in central detroit( middle of the ghetto). There a whole lot like white castles, cept' there ten times more mouth watering, i think there addictive!! So if ya know any thing about them, please, please, please post it under burgers, i'd love to know if i can still get them or order from some where... Anybody get's out this way i gotta say that millers bar in dearborn mi., does have a special bar burger!!

1 Reply Related Threads

Wistah
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 218
    RE: top hat burgers or the giant system 2005/05/25 20:07:45 (permalink)
    Banjo;

Growing up in the Detroit area, I remember Top Hat as being a local chain similar to White Tower and White Castle. I left the area in the 80's, but as far as I know, they are all gone. Some of their buildings may be still standing and converted to other uses.

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1