trader joes coming to pittsford ,N.Y

Author
starfire62
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 228
2011/10/14 10:26:00 (permalink)

trader joes coming to pittsford ,N.Y

saw on the news last night that trader joes is coming to pittsford in 2012.they said they have a huge following.can anyone tell me what's it like and how good is it ?

8 Replies Related Threads

mar52
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7761
    Re:trader joes coming to pittsford ,N.Y 2011/10/14 15:44:59 (permalink)
    If you want convenience foods like prepared humus in varied flavors it's great.

They also have a good cheese assortment at great prices.

Great trail mix assortments and imported candies are available.  I'm a fan of the red colored chocolate covered dried cherries.

I find it weird that apples, bananas, etc are priced per piece.

My mother loves their bagels which I find nasty tasting.  Do you like lavash?  There are many types of breads to be had.

My favorite thing there is the box of roasted red pepper tomato soup, but I don't like the low salt version.

I hate the crowds there and the parking around their locations here is rediculous.

I guess their wines are good because a lot of people walk out with cases of it.
    jeepguy
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1555
    Re:trader joes coming to pittsford ,N.Y 2011/10/14 20:56:52 (permalink)
    Their Thai shrimp Gyozas are great! Also their Tiramisu (square box) is unreal!
    mar52
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7761
    Re:trader joes coming to pittsford ,N.Y 2011/10/14 21:07:00 (permalink)
    I also love their French Green Beans.

French?  Hmmmmm
    bartl
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1265
    Re:trader joes coming to pittsford ,N.Y 2011/10/23 14:11:04 (permalink)
    They sell relatively high end merchandise at a relatively low end price. However, one thing that stands out about them is their money-back guarantee; if you try something, and don't like it, they'll give you your money back, period. They have also been known to open up merchandise in the store so that you can have a taste then and there. There are a number of items that I buy regularly from Trader Joe's which I would not have considered trying without their warranty.

Bart
    Biagartler
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 8
    Re:trader joes coming to pittsford ,N.Y 2011/10/29 00:08:23 (permalink)
    mar52
    I guess their wines are good because a lot of people walk out with cases of it.

Two-buck Chuck's? At the Trader Joe's in New Jersey, my parental unit tells me Two Buck Chuck's is $3 a bottle. At Marketview Liquor in Henrietta there's Lost Vineyards for the same price.
    A number of years ago, to attend the wedding of a couple of former students, I flew into LAX, rented a car, stopped at a Safeway across from the rental lot to look for beer. I found a couple of bottles, and, having procured a few other staple items, discreetly inquired, "Any place around here with a great bottled beer selection?" "Trader Joe's," was the reply. The Safeway employee's advice was spot-on.
    Remember Freddy's at Southtown and other locations? (I suppose that's dating myself.) Think of a place with merchandise that people who shop at Wegman's will love, sold at Freddy's prices.
    totillie
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 71
    Re:trader joes coming to pittsford ,N.Y 2011/10/29 02:01:28 (permalink)
    Two Buck Chuck is only two bucks in CA. Your mileage may vary.

I love Trader Joe's.

They have boneless FrankenChicken breasts, fresh, that we split in half and live on for a couple of weeks. The 85/15 and/or 90/10 ground beef is good.

They have good bread, again, see the mileage thing.

The marinated beef and pork offerings, including Korean bbq'd ribs are uniformly good, for those nights when you just don't want to deal with cooking.Their fresh wraps are great.

The produce can be spotty, please check carefully. Having said that, I've shopped at  a Raleigh, NC, area store for vacation goods, and the produce prices there were comparable to the prices in SoCal. And as varying in quality. Please check.

Their frozen selections are interesting, varied, and worth trying. Mandarin Orange Chicken rules. I bought frozen cod this week, and we just  had a great dinner.

But I'm a fan. !

Shop carefully. I think that you will enjoy the experience.
    Biagartler
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 8
    Re:trader joes coming to pittsford ,N.Y 2011/10/29 20:52:29 (permalink)
    totillie
    Two Buck Chuck is only two bucks in CA. Your mileage may vary.

Mileage? I want to drink the stuff, or use it to deglaze my sauté pan, not fuel my car with it. ;~)
    Sorry I neglected to mention that said parental unit had inquired and had been told that because of transportation costs, it cost $1 more at the store he goes to in New Jersey. Thank you for helping set the record straight. And Two Buck Chuck's is surprisingly good for its price, I understand.
    totillie
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 71
    Re:trader joes coming to pittsford ,N.Y 2011/10/30 01:33:43 (permalink)
    SNORT.

The 'transporation cost' response seems to be the standard for outside of CA. I had that response from an associate in a Raleigh area store last month.

I think the TBC reds are good. It is what it is.  And they are all good for cooking. and for drinking. !
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1