vending noodle bows

Author
rubyhawaii
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 17
2014/06/20 23:42:42 (permalink)

vending noodle bows

We are going to vend noodle bowls. Asian style. What would be a feasible method of doing this? Stir fry precooked noodles in a wok per individual order? It would seem cooking a huge batch of noodles and ladling them out per order is inefficient. Any suggestions? (It's going to be noodles, mixed with broth vegggies and meat.).
Thanks in advance.

3 Replies Related Threads

Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10411
    Re:vending noodle bows 2014/06/21 02:07:30 (permalink)
    Pre-cooking is the is the most efficient way to do it if you're at all busy.
    pnwchef
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2535
    Re:vending noodle bows 2014/06/21 12:18:53 (permalink)
    Aloha Ruby, I use to do demo wok cooking for my clients. I would pre blanch the vegetables. The noodles, if using a Miki noodle only has to be heated, it cooks up fast. The meat can be cooked to order if the meat is marinated and cut small. I would run 4 woks at one time, flipping the food for a fun demo effect for my customers. If all depends on how fast the food is needed. The faster it's needed the more advanced pre cooking is needed. I feel this kind of food is best right off the grill or wok. Let me know if you need help with the logistics. I have demo cooked on the beaches of Hawaii, I even emptied out a hotel with a fire alarm doing a demo cooking party for my client. The fire dept wasn't real happy about it, but, my Client never stopped eating as the firemen were running through with pick and shovels...........pnwc
    Noodles on the Loose
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 60
    Re:vending noodle bows 2014/06/21 22:04:20 (permalink)
    Precooked is definitely the way to go.  Just make sure your noodles are on the firm side so that when you reheat they don't turn to mush.  I did pasta dishes for about a year and precooked everything to just barely done.  That way in less than a minute or two you can reheat to serve.  Since you are doing a broth, if you keep it hot, your reheat times could be even less.  I did my reheat in small fry pans.  The key for me was having just enough liquid and a bit of oil in each sauce to make it heat the rest of the ingredients quickly.  Best of luck to you.

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1