Hot!vernors ginger ale syrup

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Rhodes
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 281
RE: vernors ginger ale syrup 2004/03/26 09:16:58 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Bushie

Originally posted by Mayhaw Man

If you really like Ginger Ale you should try some of this product. It is all natural and damn good. Also, with a shot of Appleton Dark or Meyers, it makes a refreshing adult beverage.

Reed's rocks; buy the "Premium" - it's GOOD for you, too!

It is the truth!! Inspired by this thread I bought my first 4-pack of Reed's Premium yesterday (while noting with pleasure that my store - the Common Market Coop in Frederick - stocked all the varieties) and I now have a new favorite beverage! Next time I'm trying the Extra Ginger....
xplant
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
RE: vernors ginger ale syrup 2004/06/02 17:39:03 (permalink)
Vernor's (my wife likes the Diet kind; no accounting for tastes) is often found at the Clemens Market in New Hope, PA. It's only about 15 miles from Trenton, NJ.

You can e-mail Dr. Pepper/7 UP to find dealers near you.

rdb13b
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 7
RE: vernors ginger ale syrup 2004/07/12 12:47:10 (permalink)
I grew up in Flint, Michigan. After I moved to Milwaukee I would pick up a couple cases of Vernors on every family trip. Luckily we discovered that one of the local Pick'n'Saves shipped ina few cases of Vernors a month, so my family would head over there and buiy them up when they came in. Now I find myself in Germany with the US ARmy, and alas, the commisary doesn't carry Vernor's or Faygo or any of the other good Michigan brands. I was talking on the internet to a friend from Northern Ohio and mentioned that I had a Root Beer Float, but would love a Boston Cooler. Suprise, less then a week later a package arrived with a 6 pack of the 17 oz bottles. Think I've found my distributor. You can also order from Grocieries Express at www.vernors.com, but it's expensive ($43.99 for four 6 pack 24 oz bottles, $36.99 for eight 2 liters, $37.99 for fifteen 1 liters, 14.99 for a single 6 pack, $7.49 for a single 2 liter and $6.99 for a single 1 liter, although they lower the prices some if you buy in bulk) Best bet is to talk to your local grocery to see if they can special order it (chain-stores are better at this). Best of luck.

SPc Brown, Robert D
HHB 1-6 FA, 1st ID
speechpeach
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 239
RE: vernors ginger ale syrup 2004/07/13 17:32:45 (permalink)
I take care of my Vernor's craving by getting it at Kroger. They always have the diet and regular in 6 packs and bottles. That is, unless my friend Cristine or neighbor Larry beat me to it..They both lived in Michigan as children..Laurie
alecs
Junior Burger
RE: vernors ginger ale syrup 2005/01/26 21:10:08 (permalink)
NOPE! Not available here! I am in "podunk" South Dakota and there is no Vernors here. I have lived all over the country and the ONLY places I have found Vernors is between Indiana and Pennsylvania, not even as far south as Kentucky! Face it! You can only get Vernors in Michigan and Ohio or in the PXs on bases. Whenever we come back "home" in the summer we fill up the back of our van with Vernors and Faygo. I'm down to my last 6 cans and know we won;t be back to Ohio til July for the family reunion so am stressing about this...how do I get more Vernors?? LOL
quote:
Originally posted by Al-The Mayor-Bowen

Vernor's is available "almost" Nationwide in most major supermarkets. I am sure you could find it in some of the major city markets in N H . Even many of the Walmarts now have it.
alecs
Junior Burger
RE: vernors ginger ale syrup 2005/01/26 21:12:18 (permalink)
There is NO comparison to Vernor's. I have tried a lot of other ginger ales but NONE compare! I am tired of people telling me that some other Ginger Ale is as good...they are NOT!

quote:
Originally posted by Wistah

rdrutter:

Like you I am a Michigan transplant in New England (central MA).

I have never found Vernors in supermarkets around here.

If you ever get to the Boston/Cambridge area, Mile High Bread Company, a sandwich shop in the Huron/Concord area of Cambridge, sells Vernors in cans. I was SURPRISED when I saw it there, apparenlty the shop owners are from MI and have it shipped in.

There are other good ginger ales, like Reeds as someone mentioned; however they are all PALE DRY ginger ales, while Vernors is unique as a GOLDEN ginger ale, a comletely different taste.

Nothing like Vernors with a scoop of vanilla ice cream....
mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 15279
RE: vernors ginger ale syrup 2005/01/26 22:22:30 (permalink)
Alecs,
Almost all the Markets, Kroger and others carry Vernors in the Louisville area..on both sides of the river. You can enjoy 'REAL' or 'd i e t ' as you prefer!
BBq King
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 123
RE: vernors ginger ale syrup 2005/01/26 22:31:26 (permalink)
When I was growing up in LA (California) not Lower Alabama in the late 40's and early 50's Vernor's was available. I always thought of it as a local product.
Steve from the other Phoenix
alecs
Junior Burger
RE: vernors ginger ale syrup 2005/01/27 01:09:15 (permalink)
Seriously? They musta beenout then when we were there about 2 yrs ago. My son graduated from Ft Knox and I was in the Louisville area, went to a Krogers and they didn't have it. I then went to a Meijer and they didn't have it. I had to drive to Dayton to get it before I headed back out here.

quote:
Originally posted by Al-The Mayor-Bowen

Alecs,
Almost all the Markets, Kroger and others carry Vernors in the Louisville area..on both sides of the river. You can enjoy 'REAL' or 'd i e t ' as you prefer!
sizz
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1685
RE: vernors ginger ale syrup 2005/01/27 02:18:06 (permalink)
I live in San Jose, CA. And I can get Vernors any day at my local super market. As a matter of fact they bottle it right here in Santa Clara. As a kid growing up in Niagara Falls in the 40's 50's Vernors had a big store on Falls St.a block from the brink of the falls.......... It was a treat for both the tourist and the locals alike. I'm so glad I still can have some whenever I like. It's bottled by the 7up people so I wonder why half the country cant get it....Frank C.
alecs
Junior Burger
RE: vernors ginger ale syrup 2005/01/27 10:15:32 (permalink)
Well, that's cool to know...maybe when I am in CA in March I can find some Vernors! I will look around and see what I can find.

quote:
Originally posted by fpczyz

I live in San Jose, CA. And I can get Vernors any day at my local super market. As a matter of fact they bottle it right here in Santa Clara. As a kid growing up in Niagara Falls in the 40's 50's Vernors had a big store on Falls St.a block from the brink of the falls.......... It was both a treat for the tourist and the locales alike. I'm so glad I still can have some whenever I like. It's bottled by the 7up people so I wonder why half the country cant get it....Frank C.
enginecapt
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3486
RE: vernors ginger ale syrup 2005/01/28 03:05:54 (permalink)
I've been drinking it here in SoCal since the early 60's. It is up there with Stewarts Grape Soda as one of my favorites.
lennonlover2005
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 62
RE: vernors ginger ale syrup 2006/10/30 01:21:06 (permalink)
This is to answer a previous question. The reason a BOSTON COOLER is called that, ( A Boston Cooler is vanilla ice cream and Vernors and in some places milk is a substitute) is because the name of the street where I believe Mr. Vernors invented this cooler drink is called Boston and it is in Detroit. I am not sure if there is still a street there by that name though.I am in Michigan and we have all the Vernors we need here...It is good to baste ham with or use instead of water for jello. You can mix it in for cake as well.
Midnights
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 225
RE: vernors ginger ale syrup 2013/10/20 15:28:42 (permalink)
I'm also a born and bred Michigander who grew up on Vernor's. While I have been able to find it in Florida and Colorado (where I have moved since leaving Michigan), it's not the same. Vernor's was bought out by the Dr. Pepper conglomerate and the formula changed. It is no longer made with real sugar, and the amount of ginger has gone down considerably.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1