what do you eat when you are......not sober??

Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Author
mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 15222
RE: what do you eat when you are......not sober?? 2004/01/09 09:54:14 (permalink)
Hmmmmm What do I eat when I am... not sober???

Well this morning it was cold oatmeal, half a jar of Herring filets in wine sauce, and a diet Mountain Dew. Lunch will be leftovers from Breakfast.[|)]
Rhodes
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 281
RE: what do you eat when you are......not sober?? 2004/01/09 10:18:12 (permalink)
We went to the Birchmere last night to see Doc Watson (great show!), and had a pitcher or so of Native Gold Lager, and the accompanying food was...onion strings (the food there looked ok, but it seriously overpriced - captive audience!). By the end of the evening we were certainly closer to sober than not- (notably the designated driver who had water for the last couple hours), and my brief agitation to stop at a Pho place I spotted was dismissed. Next time I'll drive In the day my preference was late-night Chinese, or less-than-stellar Toronto pizza if I was desperate.
i95
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2500
RE: what do you eat when you are......not sober?? 2004/01/09 10:48:13 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Rhodes

We went to the Birchmere last night to see Doc Watson (great show!), and had a pitcher or so of Native Gold Lager, and the accompanying food was...onion strings (the food there looked ok, but it seriously overpriced - captive audience!). By the end of the evening we were certainly closer to sober than not- (notably the designated driver who had water for the last couple hours), and my brief agitation to stop at a Pho place I spotted was dismissed. Next time I'll drive In the day my preference was late-night Chinese, or less-than-stellar Toronto pizza if I was desperate.

Rhodes, as you likely already know, there's always RT's (see: http://alexandriacity.com/dining/rts.htm) right near the Birchmere next time you're there.
Rhodes
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 281
RE: what do you eat when you are......not sober?? 2004/01/09 11:04:33 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by i95

quote:
Originally posted by Rhodes

Rhodes, as you likely already know, there's always RT's (see: http://alexandriacity.com/dining/rts.htm) right near the Birchmere next time you're there.

Actually I _didn't_ know (new around here and all that), but it looks great! Not to mention _much_ more reasonable prices than the Birchmere - price comparison - Birchmere onion strings = $5.25 RT's onion strings $1.95 We're heading down there again in February to see Solomon Burke...hmmm....
Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1