what ice cream flavor would you like to see?

Page: < 12345 > Showing page 3 of 5
Author
Mark in Ohio
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 181
RE: what ice cream flavor would you like to see? 2005/01/27 10:21:39 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Hoffman

I wish Velvet would bring back their Brandied Peach.

Michael, I have a number of friends that work ( admittedly low on the totem pole, as driver/salesmen)locally for Velvet, which is based in Utica, Ohio. The company is dedicated to continually coming up with seasonal flavors and is very receptive to public imput. I have tried many of their flavors, but not the Brandied Peach, it sounds excellent.
It might take surprisingly little prompting to get the company to revive a previous flavor as a seasonal offering unless it was a marketing fiasco (e.g.: Tuna flavored Ice Cream).
RubyRose
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2189
RE: what ice cream flavor would you like to see? 2005/01/27 12:09:13 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by brookquarry

quote:
Originally posted by RubyRose

quote:
Originally posted by Snowy

quote:
Originally posted by jofie

Most every flavor that is offered in ice cream in recent times involves chocolate chips, chocolate chunks, chocolate anything. I truly would love to purchase an ice cream cone such as black raspberry without chunks of chocolate. I like chocolate, but does it have to be in every flavor offered?

i agree.... most ice cream has chocolate in it these days.... somthing like a rasberry icecream would be good as you said...

Jofie and Snowy - I wish you lived here in PA. There is a dairy with attached store about 15 minutes from my house called Crystal Springs that makes their own ice cream for cones or takeout in delicious unexotic flavors and black raspberry is one of their best. It's a beautiful deep lavender color with no artificial colors to make it that way.

I lived here for almost 15 years before I discovered the place. They also sell flavored milks in their dairy case, made from their own berry syrup they make in the summer - strawberry and black raspberry in addition to chocolate.

Ruby, can I assume this is the Crystal Springs, listed in the Allentown telephone book as in Scchnecksville? If so we will stop in next time we are traveling up 309.

Our favorite for black Raspberry is Premise Maid, a candy and Ice Cream shop located along Route 222, Southwest of Allentown Pa between Breingsville and Maxatawney. I beleive the Black Raspberry is seasonal, in the summer, and possibly early fall. Premise Maid has the best ice cream I've found in the Lehigh Valley. I really like their butter pecan (one of my standby flavors. They also have excellant chocolate and peanut butter flavors, including I believe, one with Tastykake candy cakes mixed in. (I'm holding out for a Butterscotch Krimpet Ice cream which I have yet to find)

Yes, that's the one. If going north on 309, you would make a right at that big brick church in Neffs, slightly past Schnecksville. It's a tiny grocery and dairy store but they also have a snack bar there with homemade soups, excellent pepper cabbage, sloppy joes, etc. and a few booths.

I'd agree with Premise Maid being an ice cream and candy lovers' dream store. Their milkshakes are outstanding.
lleechef
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 7393
RE: what ice cream flavor would you like to see? 2005/01/27 12:11:30 (permalink)
Macadamia Mania, Bourbon Street Sundae, Knee Deep in Chocolate, Toffee Temptation with Heath Bar, Raspberry Lemon Rhapsody........just to name a few from Well's Blue Bunny in Le Mars, Iowa, "Ice Cream Capitol of the World"!
Lucky Bishop
  • Total Posts : 1049
RE: what ice cream flavor would you like to see? 2005/01/27 12:28:52 (permalink)
I still don't understand why the stuff in Iowa is supposedly so good, when the Wells Blue Bunny ice cream you find in the rest of the US is just as bad as those awful, freezer-burnt bricks that supermarkets sell for $1.99 a half gallon to people who don't know any better. Why aren't they exporting the good stuff?
Vince Macek
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 863
RE: what ice cream flavor would you like to see? 2005/01/27 21:52:38 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by dctourist

Key Lime ice cream. I had a key lime milkshake (well, a frappe, strictly speaking) this weekend at a farm stand outside of the Everglades (near Florida City/Homestead) called Robert is Here and it was fabulous. As in one of the best things I ever ate/drank.

Was that the place with a big tortoise pen out back? (they got fed old produce; looked very happy) That shake was truly great, especially after hitting the trails in 100+ degree heat. I've tried duplicating it, so far unsuccessfully.
Rustywolf
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 176
RE: what ice cream flavor would you like to see? 2005/01/28 15:06:32 (permalink)
"Chinese Restaurant Pistachio" Maybe some of you remember this flavor — green ice cream, hunks of big pistachio nuts and halved black cherries. Heaven after a spare ribs and fried rice feast. - Rusty
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 18951
RE: what ice cream flavor would you like to see? 2005/01/28 15:24:35 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Mark in Ohio

quote:
Originally posted by Michael Hoffman

I wish Velvet would bring back their Brandied Peach.

Michael, I have a number of friends that work ( admittedly low on the totem pole, as driver/salesmen)locally for Velvet, which is based in Utica, Ohio. The company is dedicated to continually coming up with seasonal flavors and is very receptive to public imput. I have tried many of their flavors, but not the Brandied Peach, it sounds excellent.
It might take surprisingly little prompting to get the company to revive a previous flavor as a seasonal offering unless it was a marketing fiasco (e.g.: Tuna flavored Ice Cream).

I've asked the people at Velvet whether they're going to bring back the brandied peach and they've said they sometimes bring back flavors, but have no plans at the present time to bring that one back. I visit the Old Mill at Utica a few times each year.
AeroDynamic
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 22
RE: what ice cream flavor would you like to see? 2005/02/05 18:14:58 (permalink)
Sealtest chocola
B and Js Entangled Mint

Id like to see a lemon flavored ice cream with chocolate chunks :)
AndreaB
  • Total Posts : 1303
RE: what ice cream flavor would you like to see? 2005/03/20 13:22:13 (permalink)
My favorites from childhood are Baseball nut, Butter pecan, Pralines and cream, and Daquiri ice, but I'd love to see blackberry cobbler, blueberry cobbler, and raspberry cobbler ice cream with dough / pastry in the ice cream.

Andrea
Shara
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 123
RE: what ice cream flavor would you like to see? 2005/03/20 14:24:31 (permalink)
When I was a kid we'd go to Veteran's Stadium to see the Phillies and dad would get each kid this wonderful ice cream concoction. It included a Neopolitan (chocolate, vanilla, strawberry) brick of ice cream fit into a wafer cone shaped to hold it. The ice cream was then dipped it chocolate and rolled in peanuts. You could get it with whipped cream and a cherry, too.

Does anyone else remember this? Did it have a name? I've forgotten.

For an 8-year-old that thing was pretty close to heaven.

Oh. For a flavor, Almond Joy. Chocolate ice cream with chunks of Mars Bar coconut and chopped almonds. I'd go out and get a cone this afternoon if I could.
mousec
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 303
RE: what ice cream flavor would you like to see? 2005/03/20 16:00:24 (permalink)
I would like to see the Girl Scout cookie flavors year-round, not just seasonal. I would also like Edy's to make their cinamnon ice cream year-round as well. My Mexican Chocolate cake goes oh so well with cinamnon ice cream.
garryd451
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 709
RE: what ice cream flavor would you like to see? 2005/03/20 18:37:24 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Shara

When I was a kid we'd go to Veteran's Stadium to see the Phillies and dad would get each kid this wonderful ice cream concoction. It included a Neopolitan (chocolate, vanilla, strawberry) brick of ice cream fit into a wafer cone shaped to hold it. The ice cream was then dipped it chocolate and rolled in peanuts. You could get it with whipped cream and a cherry, too.

Does anyone else remember this? Did it have a name? I've forgotten.

For an 8-year-old that thing was pretty close to heaven.

Oh. For a flavor, Almond Joy. Chocolate ice cream with chunks of Mars Bar coconut and chopped almonds. I'd go out and get a cone this afternoon if I could.

Shara:

It sounds great, I am 54 years old and I have been a "ICE CREAM" freak my whole life, that makes me wonder if it was something local or regional.

If anybody knows where You can get one of these today, please let me know.

Thanks,
Garry Asmus
Pokagon Michigan
garryd451@aol.com
spaniel
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 99
RE: what ice cream flavor would you like to see? 2005/03/20 20:12:00 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by enginecapt

Peanut butter/banana/fudge
Breyer's at one point had a banana ice cream with fudge chunks that was very good, but I'm not sure whether it's still around.

What I wish for: a really good white chocolate based ice cream.

An extended season for holiday flavors like Pumpkin and Eggnog

Pretzel ice cream. Not just pretzels mixed in, but actually pretzel-flavored ice cream. Sweet and salty...
ctfrasier
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 253
RE: what ice cream flavor would you like to see? 2005/03/28 20:57:03 (permalink)
I would like to see my local Baskin Robbins bring back two of my old favorites, chocolate fudge and chocolate mousse royale. I used to love a scoop of each in a waffle cone.

I was also a fan of a blueberry-vanilla swirl a restaurant in my hometown sold when I was a kid. It was like a creamy version of the blueberry swirl Lifesavers lolipops.
DLnWPBrown
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 832
RE: what ice cream flavor would you like to see? 2006/04/30 04:19:20 (permalink)
I've decided a sweet cream with toasted pecans and toasted coconut would be off the charts. Maybe I should try making this myself.

Dennis in Cary
Shara
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 123
RE: what ice cream flavor would you like to see? 2006/04/30 07:06:09 (permalink)
I have recently become very fond of Edy's "Slow-Churned" ice cream, which has about 1/3 less calories than the regular (nonpremium) stuff. It's incredibly creamy, the texture sort of reminds me of frozen custard and it's 120 calories per half cup! My favorite flavor is almond praline. That's vanilla ice cream with candied almonds and caramel streaks. Aside from it needing more almonds (which would raise the calorie count, no doubt, but I could live with that lol), it is darned near perfect.

I also had great homemade ginger ice cream a few weeks ago. This was at a local Japanese restaurant in Bangor, Maine. It was very creamy and not overly sweet, with little chunks of crystallized ginger in it.

And garryd, re that ice cream I had at Phillies games as a kid, I think it was probably a local treat. I'm something of an ice cream freak myself and I have searched for it like the holy grail over the years, but never seen anything like it anywhere else.
Big Ugly Mich
  • Total Posts : 1302
RE: what ice cream flavor would you like to see? 2006/04/30 07:34:24 (permalink)
quote:
Key Lime ice cream. I had a key lime milkshake (well, a frappe, strictly speaking) this weekend at a farm stand outside of the Everglades (near Florida City/Homestead) called Robert is Here and it was fabulous. As in one of the best things I ever ate/drank.

They have that in summer at Kopp's in Milwaukee, WI (three locations, none in Milwaukee proper), but only on certain days. I've also seen it at frozen yogurt places. Never had a bad hunk of Key Lime Pie or bad dish of Key Lime ice cream.

High on my request list is butterscotch. I see Butter Pecan and Butter Brickle all the time, but the little pieces of stuff get in the way in my opinion. One I remember is bubble gum flavored Baskin Robbins, with pieces of gum in it. I'd blow bubbles when everyone else was done, but never convinced them to order one that way for some reason.

One I've never seen, but want to, is watermelon sherbet.
garryd451
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 709
RE: what ice cream flavor would you like to see? 2006/04/30 15:08:26 (permalink)
quote:

Oink's Ice Cream Shoppe in New Buffalo, Michigan has a great Keylime, they have it made special for them by Sherman's Ice Cream of South Haven, Michigan
b_b
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 14
RE: what ice cream flavor would you like to see? 2006/05/04 20:59:31 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Lucky Bishop

quote:
Originally posted by aleswench

Baskin Robbins in February had a vanilla ice cream with raspberry and chocolate raspberry candies and white chocolate that was my ulitmate favorite. It's been so long I can't recall the name. However...as to what I would like: pecan pie ice cream.....a friend thought of that years ago and it always stuck in my head. I've never seen it even in this age of mix-mosh flavors...

I believe it was Blue Bell that had this for a while as a featured flavor about 15 years ago: bits of pie crust, a caramel ribbon and toasted pecans in a butter pecan ice cream. It was quite nice.
+

Southern Pecan Pie?
Ort. Carlton.
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3589
RE: what ice cream flavor would you like to see? 2006/05/04 21:04:24 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Lucky Bishop
New for 2005: Macaroni and cheese! Spinach! Monkey! Paint!

Lucky,
Laundry?
Definitely On Spin Cycle, Ort. Carlton in The Usual Place.
Ort. Carlton.
Filet Mignon
RE: what ice cream flavor would you like to see? 2006/05/04 21:11:20 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by TIPPY LEE
Livermush!..LOL!!!..Tom B. in cold,(12 degrees) Eastern Kentucky.

Tippy,
Just put your poor unsuspecting block of livermush in the deep freeze overnight, then resurrect it and pour some (whole) milk over it, add a good shot of half & half, throw in sugar to taste, chouse it up in a blender, refreeze it, and - voila! - in a couple of daze you've got your very own livermush ice cream.
Pecans, strawberries, and/or other garnish are up to you.
Farther-Fetchedly Than My Going To Oregon For A Glass Of Water, Ort. Carlton in Stunning Athens, Georgia.
P. S. The use of chocolate milk as a substitute for whole milk is highly discouraged.
Ort. Carlton.
Filet Mignon
RE: what ice cream flavor would you like to see? 2006/05/04 21:18:19 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by 6star

/quote]
It is here, if she has not: http://www.benjerry.com/our_products/flavor_graveyard/departed_flavors.cfm

6Star,
Thank you immensely! You've reminded me of my favorite departed Ben & Jerry's flavors (two, to be exact). I'll post about these at the end of the thread.
Gratefully, Ort. Carlton in Warm Athens, Georgia.
Ort. Carlton.
Filet Mignon
RE: what ice cream flavor would you like to see? 2006/05/04 21:33:16 (permalink)
Dearfolk,
What would I like to see? Anything that Ben & Jerry's can come up with, as soon as I manage to lose a little weight so I can be their test pilot (so to speak)!
My two favorite departed Ben & Jerry's flavors are Fresh Georgia Peach and Tuskegee Chunk. A return to the shelves of either or both of those would make me quit trying to control my weight, at least for the duration of their availability.
I never managed to catch their Miz Jelena's Sweet Potato Pie, Ice Tea With Gensing, Wild Maine Blueberry, Oh Pear, Cantaloupe, Grape Nut, or Blackberry Cobbler. Admittedly some of these might have been sold only at their Scoop Shops (there's one now open in downtown Athens, but I have yet to stop by).
Other than Ben & Jerry's, I rarely eat ice cream, with the exception of University Of Georgia Creamery Ice Cream (when I can manage to find it) or a truly local, independent brand - or someone's homemade variety.
None Too Coldly, Ort. Carlton in 30601-land.
P. S. I've posted enough hereabouts for one night. Now I'll go onto other venues: research beckons, at least to a lesser extent.
cyrano
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 120
RE: what ice cream flavor would you like to see? 2006/05/05 00:37:07 (permalink)
First choice, not even close-- ginger ice cream like I had in an English village about a dozen years ago. The English really know how to do ginger, dialing up its intensity about three notches above American tastes, with a real bite that complements the sweetness of whatever it's with.
sizz_leteen
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 118
RE: what ice cream flavor would you like to see? 2006/05/10 22:15:47 (permalink)
That peanut butter banana fudge sounds nummers. Laura Secord had peanut butter/banana ice cream for a little while. I guess it didn't fly.
A lot of Ben and Jerry's departed flavours sounded good. The sweet potato pie I would have loved to have tried. Actually, the Ben and Jerry's on Queen Street in Toronto has baklava ice cream. I'd be curious to see what it's like. Today I made it to a Baskin-Robbins and tried their new churros ice cream. It was delicious.
As for what I'd like to see...how about white chocolate raspberry? Doesn't sound too daring, and I'm sure someone's done it, but I've never seen it.
Pumbaa
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 22
RE: what ice cream flavor would you like to see? 2006/06/20 14:15:21 (permalink)
What about vegetable flavors of ice cream?? Candid Camera had a funny segment in the '80's where an ice cream cart in a park sold broccoli flavored ice cream and liversicles.

Now that I think about it, I did enjoy making my own ice cream at the church socials as a kid. I can't get enough of guacamole as an adult. Hmmm......
I can get an ice cream maker . (I'm sure they are much more advanced nowadays.) Guacamole ice cream anyone? Don't worry, I'm an expert at guacamole. I was a cook at Chi-Chi's for 2 years!

lunamoth
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 28
RE: what ice cream flavor would you like to see? 2006/06/20 14:20:08 (permalink)
soursop icecream
octopus
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 264
RE: what ice cream flavor would you like to see? 2006/06/23 16:52:16 (permalink)
Ben and Jerry's have come about as close as to perfect as ice cream can get for me, Chocolate Therapy. That stuff is awesome.
fabulousoyster
  • Total Posts : 1855
RE: what ice cream flavor would you like to see? 2006/06/25 10:20:32 (permalink)
My favorite is peppermint stick but don't often find it. Not enough peppermint stick in the world.
EmmaGal
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 2
RE: what ice cream flavor would you like to see? 2006/06/26 16:05:09 (permalink)
I would love to see a brownie chocalate vanilla carmel swirl.
Page: < 12345 > Showing page 3 of 5
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1