Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

you asked for it/more steaks

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 30 of 33
sk bob

• Total Posts: 1801
you asked for it/more steaks Sat, 04/10/10 8:08 PM (permalink)
Some more steaks from the archives that we haven't posted.  I'll try to narrate some.  Some are just lost.

Steaks at a friend's in Ormond By the Sea

Quit Drinking and cook the steaks

The chef on the right

Rare, Medim Rare and shoe leather(sorry, that's how FLAMOE likes it)

The rest are miscellaneous, self explanatory steak pictures.

DougS

• Total Posts: 475
    Re:you asked for it/more steaks Sat, 04/10/10 9:55 PM (permalink)
    A little too rare for my likes. I like to see  pink not...red raw.
    But they sure do look great on the outside, I love that dark crusty charcoal look.

joerogo

• Total Posts: 4463
      Re:you asked for it/more steaks Sun, 04/11/10 10:14 AM (permalink)
      Good stuff Bob!  I hope you used your Winn-Dixie Club Card

sk bob

Re:you asked for it/more steaks Sun, 04/11/10 11:29 AM (permalink)
        all the time joe.

agnesrob

• Total Posts: 1790
          Re:you asked for it/more steaks Sun, 04/11/10 11:34 AM (permalink)
          Great pictures! Thanks for sharing!

DocChuck

• Total Posts: 88
            Re:you asked for it/more steaks Sun, 04/11/10 12:15 PM (permalink)
            The last three photos are about as perfectly cooked steak as I have seen.  Good job.

DougS

• Total Posts: 475
              Re:you asked for it/more steaks Sun, 04/11/10 2:25 PM (permalink)
              Suckers were still mooing in those last photos.

DocChuck

Re:you asked for it/more steaks Sun, 04/11/10 4:21 PM (permalink)
                DougS

As it should be --- at least to us Texas folks.

joerogo

Re:you asked for it/more steaks Sun, 04/11/10 6:15 PM (permalink)
                  DocChuck

DougS

DocChuck, I think you have lived in all 57 States!

sk bob

Re:you asked for it/more steaks Sun, 04/11/10 8:58 PM (permalink)
                    I found another left over .  It was pouring this day, I bought some ribeyes, and thought I'd try out the broiler in the oven.  That's why there are no after pictures.  NOT GOOD.

T-bones from Lion King(Food Lion).  Porterhouses have been pissing me off lately.  Can't seem to cook them right.  I know I do good with New York strips, so I thought I'd try T-bones.  Came out good.

DocChuck

Re:you asked for it/more steaks Sun, 04/11/10 9:12 PM (permalink)
                      joerogo

DocChuck

DougS

DocChuck, I think you have lived in all 57 States!

Well, Sir, when you are 68 years old, and if you worked for a company for 25 of those years that moved you every year or so to a new 'project', you too would have 'lived' in a LOT of states.

Some may consider that "GOOD", but many folks, perhaps such as youself, may not be able to handle it.

However, in an attempt to satisfy your obvious curiosity, I was born and raised in TEXAS.  After graduation from college, and after spending 4 years in government service, I was recruited by the Kmart Corporation and sent on a mission to establish (open and staff) new stores in all corners of the USA.  After 25 years, I retired, returned to University life, earned an Ed.D. (University of Houston) then a Ph.D. (University of Texas) and then proceeded to teach at universities in Texas, Arkansas, Alaska, and Nassau (Bahamas).

During that time, I met and married a wonderful lady 15 years my junior who is an APN and who holds a Ph.D. in Nursing.  After 'retiring'  6 years ago,  I now follow my wife as her company moves her around the country setting up contracts with various states (Arkansas, New Jersey, Maryland, and now perhaps Arizona) to handle the medical care in the various State's Correctional Facilities (prisons in layman language).

Does that satisfy your curiosity?  You can easily 'Google'  the facts should you need to allay your concerns.  Some people lead VERY BUSY LIVES  .  I happen to be one of those types of people  . My wife and I NEVER let moss grow under our posteriors, so to speak.

And, finally, NO, I have not lived in "all 57 states" as you put it ---- BUT, I am working on it, and will try to keep you informed of my progress.  If you have any further questions, I will attempt to address them.

Have a great weekend.

Kind of strange that your resume says you did all the Higher Ed back in the 60's and early 70's. That would make you about 100 years old by now... I think your fake life-history is giving you away. You are no longer welcome on this site.

Hasta La Vista, TROLL.

<message edited by DocChuck on Mon, 04/12/10 3:45 PM>

joerogo

Re:you asked for it/more steaks Mon, 04/12/10 8:37 AM (permalink)
                        err, ok

Pigiron

• Total Posts: 1384
                          • Roadfood Insider
                          Re:you asked for it/more steaks Tue, 04/13/10 11:08 AM (permalink)
                          joerogo

err, ok

Joe, if you would like to know just a little more about this "Doc Chuck", I suggest you google his screen name, along with "DocChuck09".  He is a professional internet troll and has been banned from about a dozen food related groups already.  He's particularly known for his homophobic rants, and highly personal attacks on female posters- which have been particularly nasty.  Over at MidtownLunch.com (a fantastic site for New Yorkers by the way), he's been sprewing his bile all over the place for the past year.  Go check it out, it's not amusing.  Moderators here should take note and beware. 

Rusty246

• Total Posts: 2413
                            Re:you asked for it/more steaks Tue, 04/13/10 11:44 AM (permalink)
                            Steaks look GREAT!  May I ask where you found the wood/metal plates? They have "steak house" written all over them!

ScreamingChicken

• Total Posts: 4723
                              Re:you asked for it/more steaks Tue, 04/13/10 12:13 PM (permalink)
                              sk bob

I found another left over .  It was pouring this day, I bought some ribeyes, and thought I'd try out the broiler in the oven.  That's why there are no after pictures.  NOT GOOD.

What was it that you didn't like about the steaks?  I grill mine 99% of the time but every so often I'll throw one under the broiler (gas stove).

Nice photos.  I took pork and chicken out for dinner tonight but now I'm thinking I should've picked beef...guess that'll be for tomorrow!

Brad

Rusty246

Re:you asked for it/more steaks Tue, 04/13/10 12:45 PM (permalink)
                                The steaks that went under the broiler are ribeyes, the "after" pictures you see are T-bones or porter houses. Yes?

sk bob

Re:you asked for it/more steaks Tue, 04/13/10 5:59 PM (permalink)
                                  you're right Rusty different steaks. I wouldn't take an after picture of those broiler steaks. cooked too much but still edible but not picture worthy in my opinion.
                                  we got a new stove about a year ago. never had a reason to use the broiler untill then. I can't judge doneness to well in a broiler.
                                   I got those wood & metal plates years ago from Marlboro miles rewards.
                                  Brad, ours is an electric stove. gas might be better.
                                   the only things I might have from a steakhouse are those big forks that might fall by accident into my wife's pocketbook & we're too embaressed to return later.
                                  <message edited by sk bob on Tue, 04/13/10 6:07 PM>

Rusty246

Re:you asked for it/more steaks Wed, 04/14/10 9:07 AM (permalink)
                                    Marlboro miles huh?  We've gotten cool stuff from Marlboro over the years(as much as I hate to admit), never saw those platters though.  And, you know, I have the same problem with steak house utensils, on several occasions I get home and find a knife, I hate when that happens!  It finally ceased after knife #4.

mbrookes

• Total Posts: 1350
                                      Re:you asked for it/more steaks Wed, 04/14/10 1:59 PM (permalink)
                                      I think that's called "stealing" Is there some invisible monitary line that you do not cross, or is anything not nailed down fair game?
                                      (Sorry, I'm a little raw on that subject. Someone just relieved me of an expensive piece from my antique mall booth)

Russ Jackson

• Total Posts: 2257
                                        Re:you asked for it/more steaks Wed, 04/14/10 2:37 PM (permalink)
                                        Beautiful job on the steaks they are very rare in the middle as they should be. Tough to tell but by the picture they look about 3/4 of an inch thick. I like the 1 1/4 inch best but those would do.

Try this rub recipe. Coat steaks and let sit for 3 to 6 hours in the fridge when ready to cook bring to room temp.
                                        3 tablespoons salt
                                        2 tablespoons brown sugar
                                        1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
                                        2 teaspoons Smoked Spanish Paprika
                                        1 teaspoon garlic powder

...Russ

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15062
                                          • Location: Louisville area, Southern Indiana
                                          • Roadfood Insider
                                          Re:you asked for it/more steaks Thu, 04/15/10 2:00 PM (permalink)
                                          Very good looking Beef in all the photos.  For my own personal tastes I would select the Rib Steak with the 3/22 date stamp on the photo. I like my steaks to be between MR and Medium. Lots of pink, but little red. The Porterhouse in the 4/11 photo looks good, but is a bit underdone for my tastes..I'd toss it back on for a couple of minutes.

This isn't meant to put-down anyone else's choice..just looking at them with hungry eyes !!

OK Here is my entry in the do-it-yourself Steak-Sweepstakes!!!

Here are some 2 lb (average) Porterhouses  we did for a family gathering.

The Family Hit those steaks like it was their last meal. This is what I could save for the photo record !!!

BTW the guy with the fake 'grass-fed, I've been everywhere, Texas fairy tale' is no longer with us.
                                          Now back to some good Beef !

<message edited by mayor al on Thu, 04/15/10 2:21 PM>

Wabbit

• Total Posts: 477
                                            Re:you asked for it/more steaks Thu, 04/15/10 6:05 PM (permalink)
                                            Mayor, The Steaks look great, and they must have been, the result's are in the final pic :>) Do the 4 legged friend's get those? My neighbor's furry roomate gets quite excited at the sound of the grill.. He knows some yummy bones are coming his way.

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                                              Re:you asked for it/more steaks Thu, 04/15/10 7:12 PM (permalink)
                                              Wabbit-
                                                 Yeah the Scotties get the bones.  For years we would do one apiece (Jan and I) so there would be a bone for each dog. Lately we have cut back a bit and do one of those big Porterhouses for the two of us. She gets the Filet and I get the Strip. That's fine for us but creates a problem when two dogs have one bone to work on.

I did find a copy of how they looked before the crowd got to them.

<message edited by mayor al on Thu, 04/15/10 7:23 PM>

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17826
                                                Re:you asked for it/more steaks Thu, 04/15/10 7:27 PM (permalink)
                                                Mr. Mayor, those porterhouse steaks look a lot like the ones I took out to my grandson and his wife at Fort Leonard Wood a couple of weeks ago when I brought them their new Weber kettle grill.

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                                                  Re:you asked for it/more steaks Fri, 04/16/10 9:34 AM (permalink)
                                                  Hmmm, Michael, Perhaps we are related after all. I have family (long-retired Military) living not far from Ft Wood.

sk bob

• Location: South Daytona, FL
                                                    Re:you asked for it/more steaks Fri, 04/16/10 9:14 PM (permalink)
                                                    lookin real good mayor al. I like the mushrooms&onions. nice roasted corn too.

Adjudicator

• Total Posts: 5057
                                                      • Location: Tallahassee, FL
                                                      Re:you asked for it/more steaks Fri, 04/16/10 9:16 PM (permalink)
                                                      Excellent steaks and good pics.  The rarer the betta'

:)

Twinwillow

• Total Posts: 4896
                                                        Re:you asked for it/more steaks Sat, 04/17/10 12:31 AM (permalink)
                                                        DocChuck

The last three photos are about as perfectly cooked steak as I have seen.  Good job.

I concur. I also love the "sizzle" plates. Where did you get them, Please?

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                                                          Re:you asked for it/more steaks Sat, 04/17/10 2:03 PM (permalink)
                                                          I wish we had some of the metal 'Sizzle' Platters. They sure add to the ambience and the quality of the meal!

Twinwillow

• Total Posts: 4896
                                                            Re:you asked for it/more steaks Sat, 04/17/10 3:56 PM (permalink)
                                                            Al, I googled "sizzle platters" and about a thousand links to buy them came up.
                                                            Have a look. All sizes, shapes and prices.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 30 of 33

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com