The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

What is your favorite alcoholic drink

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 30 of 56
food truck guy

What is your favorite alcoholic drink Fri, 09/6/13 7:01 AM (permalink)
I love crown royal and redbull

kennyb

• Total Posts: 374
    Re:What is your favorite alcoholic drink Sun, 09/8/13 11:16 AM (permalink)
    vodka and diet tonic with twist

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17806
      Re:What is your favorite alcoholic drink Sun, 09/8/13 12:19 PM (permalink)
      Jack Daniels Single Barrel Select is my new favorite. It is smoother than a deer's ear and fits over a single small ice cube as proper as a Victorian era calling card. And for the introduction to this magnificent whiskey I thank Tom Caulfield.
      <message edited by Michael Hoffman on Sun, 09/8/13 12:46 PM>

wheregreggeats.com

Re:What is your favorite alcoholic drink Sun, 09/8/13 6:33 PM (permalink)

brickie

• Total Posts: 226
          Re:What is your favorite alcoholic drink Sun, 09/8/13 7:25 PM (permalink)
          RED WINE.

Ort. Carlton.

• Total Posts: 3589
            Re:What is your favorite alcoholic drink Sun, 09/29/13 8:56 PM (permalink)
            Dearfolk,
               Right now, it's West Sixth India Pale Ale from Lexington, Kentucky. It's not available here, alas, but it's worth snagging if you're in that vicinity. Has 7% alcohol and about 75 IBUs.
                  Wholeheartedly, Ort. Carlton in Athens, the Athens of Georgia.

Davebassman

• Total Posts: 116
              Re:What is your favorite alcoholic drink Mon, 09/30/13 11:32 AM (permalink)
              Favorite liquor - Maker's Mark on the rocks.
              Favorite beer - Changes from time to time. Currently enjoying a Nut Brown Ale from Ithaca Beer Co. (Ithaca, NY). Brought a supply home with me after dropping son off at college.

chewingthefat

• Total Posts: 6093
                Re:What is your favorite alcoholic drink Mon, 09/30/13 12:24 PM (permalink)
                Michael Hoffman

Jack Daniels Single Barrel Select is my new favorite. It is smoother than a deer's ear and fits over a single small ice cube as proper as a Victorian era calling card. And for the introduction to this magnificent whiskey I thank Tom Caulfield.

I'm looking forward to another round Michael!

WarToad

• Total Posts: 1787
                  Re:What is your favorite alcoholic drink Mon, 09/30/13 12:34 PM (permalink)
                  French Farmhouse style ale,  Belgian ale, Abby style Ale.  Wouldn't turn them down.

hatteras04

• Total Posts: 1070
                    Re:What is your favorite alcoholic drink Mon, 09/30/13 2:32 PM (permalink)
                    Straight liquor: Irish Whiskey
                    Cocktail: tie between Martini (gin please very dry) and an Old Fashioned made with Rye

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15059
                      • Roadfood Insider
                      Re:What is your favorite alcoholic drink Mon, 09/30/13 9:49 PM (permalink)
                      Today it has been the "REDNECK Bourbon Sour" 
                      16 oz of Mountain Dew
                      12 oz of Frozen Lemonade Concentrate
                      12 oz of Knob Creek 9 yr old Small Batch Bourbon
                      Mix in a 'Big Gulp" Cup with ice to fill it up -Won't need a lot of ice.

Second one did taste milder than the first !

Michael Hoffman

Re:What is your favorite alcoholic drink Mon, 09/30/13 10:28 PM (permalink)
                        chewingthefat

Michael Hoffman

I'm looking forward to another round Michael!

Same here.

fishtaco

• Total Posts: 740
                          Re:What is your favorite alcoholic drink Tue, 10/1/13 12:52 PM (permalink)
                          Give me a good cigar and a snifter full  of Romana Black Sambuca  and I am one happy dude!

Michael Hoffman

Re:What is your favorite alcoholic drink Tue, 10/1/13 1:31 PM (permalink)
                            I prefer my Sambuca (and Anisette) in a cup of coffee.

love2bake

• Total Posts: 1269
                              Re:What is your favorite alcoholic drink Tue, 10/1/13 2:40 PM (permalink)
                              Sipping - Irish cream
                              Git r done - tequila

jman

• Total Posts: 1275
                                Re:What is your favorite alcoholic drink Tue, 10/1/13 2:53 PM (permalink)
                                mayor al

16 oz of Mountain Dew

Al, you've got me shaking my head on this one. Why in the world would anyone take such a fine bourbon and then befoul it with Mountain Dew and lemonade concentrate? Why not use a bourbon that is usually found in the well at any bar?

jman

Re:What is your favorite alcoholic drink Tue, 10/1/13 2:57 PM (permalink)
                                  Michael Hoffman

If you get the opportunity, you might want to try Jack Daniel's Gentleman Jack. You might have a new new favorite.

Sundancer7

Re:What is your favorite alcoholic drink Tue, 10/1/13 3:15 PM (permalink)
                                    jman

mayor al

16 oz of Mountain Dew

Al, you've got me shaking my head on this one. Why in the world would anyone take such a fine bourbon and then befoul it with Mountain Dew and lemonade concentrate? Why not use a bourbon that is usually found in the well at any bar?

Because that is what he likes.

Paul E. Smith
                                    Knoxville, TN

Michael Hoffman

Re:What is your favorite alcoholic drink Tue, 10/1/13 3:23 PM (permalink)
                                      jman

Michael Hoffman

If you get the opportunity, you might want to try Jack Daniel's Gentleman Jack. You might have a new new favorite.

I bought a bottle of that when it came out. I was disappointed.

Davebassman

• Total Posts: 116
                                        Re:What is your favorite alcoholic drink Tue, 10/1/13 3:33 PM (permalink)
                                        Sundancer7

jman

mayor al

16 oz of Mountain Dew

Because that is what he likes.

Paul E. Smith
                                        Knoxville, TN

Have to agree with both jman and Sundancer7 on this one. I love Manhattens and use bourbon, not rye or blended to make them. I always use a "rail brand" bourbon because I can't stand the idea of dumping vermouth into a glass of premium "sippin" whiskey. That recipe for "Redneck Bourbon Sour actually looks interesting except that I'm not sure about the concept of mixing whiskey and Mountain Dew, sort of a legal "speedball", lol!.......BUT as Mr. Smith points out;"that is what he likes"......

mayor al

• Location: Louisville area, Southern Indiana
                                          • Roadfood Insider
                                          Re:What is your favorite alcoholic drink Tue, 10/1/13 5:42 PM (permalink)
                                          I usually keep a bottle of Barton Gold or some other 'well-drink' bourbon on the shelf...Even use Crown Royal does ok...but this time I couldn't find one of the "inexpensive" brands, so I used the only open bottle on the shelf.  Other choices...all unopened right now are Buffalo Trace-Single, Four Roses Premium, and a pair of Jim Beam Rye Special Bottlings. Knob Creek it was, and It worked out just fine.

CCJPO

• Total Posts: 497
                                            Re:What is your favorite alcoholic drink Tue, 10/1/13 9:42 PM (permalink)
                                            If I were to be an down and out alcoholic my favorite drink might be MD 20-20, or perhaps some cheap a$$ malt liquor. If I were to be a up scale alcoholic it would probably be vodka straight up. As drinker of beverages that contain alcohol my current favorites include the old standby, Makers Mark, any great single malt scotch that some one gives me, our home made hard apple and/or peach and/ or apricot  cider. For beer I have re-discovered by brews of my youth, Genny Cream ale, PBR and Mickey's Big Mouths. Cruddy beer, but it tastes like I remember it.

jman

Re:What is your favorite alcoholic drink Wed, 10/2/13 9:43 AM (permalink)
                                              CCJPO

For beer I have re-discovered by brews of my youth, Genny Cream ale, PBR and Mickey's Big Mouths. Cruddy beer, but it tastes like I remember it.

Your post got me thinking about my favorite beers when I was in college (Late '60's, early '70's).

Schoenling Little Kings
                                              Stroh's
                                              Olympia

Since I was a typical broke college student, I frequently imbibed the $.99/six pack generic beer from Kroger.

ChrisOC

• Total Posts: 901
                                                Re:What is your favorite alcoholic drink Wed, 10/2/13 10:56 AM (permalink)
                                                Michael Hoffman

I like Sambuca on the rocks with a few coffee beans.

Michael Hoffman

Re:What is your favorite alcoholic drink Wed, 10/2/13 11:07 AM (permalink)
                                                  ChrisOC

Michael Hoffman

I like Sambuca on the rocks with a few coffee beans.

Gosh, it's been a long time since I last had Sambuca with coffee beans in it.

mayor al

• Location: Louisville area, Southern Indiana
                                                    • Roadfood Insider
                                                    Re:What is your favorite alcoholic drink Wed, 10/2/13 5:44 PM (permalink)
                                                    JMan- I was an adult, in full control of my senses ( when we stopped at a Mickie Dee's in Cincinnati for some Runny Egg McMuffins , ... Then got a case of warm LITTLE KINGS ALE to wash'em down, Then we Opened King's Island Theme Park and rode "THE BEAST" (large roller coaster) twice...Got off the second time and thought I was going to DIE !!!  One cannot attempt to relive the college years without facing eternal punishment.

keller_alyssa

• Total Posts: 2
                                                      Re:What is your favorite alcoholic drink Tue, 11/5/13 5:48 AM (permalink)
                                                      The best for me would be Bouchard.

Adjudicator

• Total Posts: 5055
                                                        • Location: Tallahassee, FL
                                                        Re:What is your favorite alcoholic drink Tue, 11/5/13 6:40 PM (permalink)
                                                        Budvar

SeamusD

• Total Posts: 939
                                                          • Location: Syracuse, NY
                                                          Re:What is your favorite alcoholic drink Sat, 11/9/13 11:33 PM (permalink)
                                                          Davebassman

Favorite liquor - Maker's Mark on the rocks.
                                                          Favorite beer - Changes from time to time. Currently enjoying a Nut Brown Ale from Ithaca Beer Co. (Ithaca, NY). Brought a supply home with me after dropping son off at college.

I've been enjoying Maker's neat lately, I usually mixed it with something but tried it on its own and found I prefer it that way. I also live in somewhat close proximity to Ithaca, so I'm able to enjoy brews from Ithaca Beer Co. on a regular basis.

I don't have a particular favorite, but as far as liquor goes I like an Irish whiskey or single malt scotch (or single malt Irish whiskey), or a good bourbon... Tullamore Dew, Macallan 12 year, Maker's Mark and Jim Beam among my favorites. Beer, lately I've been enjoying Newcastle Werewolf and Guinness Red Harvest Stout.
                                                          Wines, I'm currently working with my brother helping him run his Italian restaurant, and have subsequently developed a taste for chianti. Goes surprisingly well with cupcakes.

FriedClamFanatic

• Total Posts: 1493
                                                            • Location: west chester, PA
                                                            Re:What is your favorite alcoholic drink Sun, 11/10/13 3:01 PM (permalink)
                                                            Ordinarily, I'd say "whatever is close to hand".........but...I made up(?) a drink I'm calling Island Insanity.

Equal parts of Dark Rum (Calico Jack is nice!), Coke, Pineapple juice.......a hefty splash of bitters and some nutmeg........puts planters punch back in the fields!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 30 of 56

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com