The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

"Homemade Ice Cream & Pie Kitchen" Louisville, KY

Boop333

• Total Posts: 97
"Homemade Ice Cream & Pie Kitchen" Louisville, KY Tue, 04/9/13 12:24 PM (permalink)
LOVED this place! We went here two days in a row at the request of a 6 year old. With a name like that, you would think he wanted the sweets.....nope, he couldn't get enough of the turkey sandwich! Haha. They have several locations, we went to the one located at 1041 Bardstown Rd. In addition to the homemade ice cream, cakes and pies...this location also offer freshly prepared sandwiches, soups and salads. 

As you walk through the door, this is what greets you....YUM!

His favorite....the turkey sandwich on wheat, no crust!

I had a half roast beef and provolone on ciabatta bread with kettle chips

Christian and I both chose the chocolate covered strawberries for our dessert today

Chose this to take back to the hotel for a late night snack to share

The next day, we went back and the man working the deli counter remembered exactly what we all had the day before, Christian was quite impressed with him...hahaha. I opted for the homemade grape sherbet that day and OH MY GOODNESS, words can't express how delicious that was!

Christian had his turkey sandwich and he chose the orange sherbet. I didn't get a picture of the orange sherbet....I was too busy swooning over my grape and forgot about everything around me. Ha!

<message edited by Boop on Tue, 04/9/13 12:27 PM>

Uncle Groucho

• Total Posts: 207
    Re:"Homemade Ice Cream & Pie Kitchen" Louisville, KY Tue, 04/9/13 2:16 PM (permalink)
    Bardstown road is awesome! Are you from the area or are you just visiting? If you ever have the time or the stamina and a sitter, do the Bambi Walk.

Boop333

Re:"Homemade Ice Cream & Pie Kitchen" Louisville, KY Tue, 04/9/13 2:38 PM (permalink)
      We were in town for the Lego Kidsfest...had an awesome time! I will have to check out the Bambi Walk :) 

buffetbuster

Re:"Homemade Ice Cream & Pie Kitchen" Louisville, KY Tue, 04/9/13 2:41 PM (permalink)
        Very nice report Boop!  I have always just eaten the desserts, but those sandwiches look good. 

Boop333

Re:"Homemade Ice Cream & Pie Kitchen" Louisville, KY Tue, 04/9/13 2:47 PM (permalink)
          buffetbuster

Very nice report Boop!  I have always just eaten the desserts, but those sandwiches look good. 

They were very good!  On our next trip, the first place we want to give a try is "Molly Malone's." Looked awesome! 

Uncle Groucho

Re:"Homemade Ice Cream & Pie Kitchen" Louisville, KY Tue, 04/9/13 2:57 PM (permalink)
            I work close to KFEC, I noticed Lego Fest on the sign but was afraid to tell my daughter, it was also on the morning news. That is a good area for some good Tacos.

Boop333

Re:"Homemade Ice Cream & Pie Kitchen" Louisville, KY Tue, 04/9/13 3:08 PM (permalink)
              Uncle Groucho

I work close to KFEC, I noticed Lego Fest on the sign but was afraid to tell my daughter, it was also on the morning news. That is a good area for some good Tacos.

Hahaha, it was a busy day to say the least! Very fun though. I know the folks that were manning the exhibits HAD to be completely exhausted after it was over..haha. 
              I love a great taco, where is the place you're talking about? Need to add it to my list. 

pnwchef

• Total Posts: 2226
                Re:"Homemade Ice Cream & Pie Kitchen" Louisville, KY Tue, 04/9/13 3:16 PM (permalink)
                Boop, teach him young, maybe fast food chain food will never touch his lips.......nice report............thx.............pnwc

Uncle Groucho

Re:"Homemade Ice Cream & Pie Kitchen" Louisville, KY Tue, 04/9/13 3:34 PM (permalink)
                  Santa fe grill. its over by Churchill Downs. Google it, its on 3rd street off of central, they get mixed reviews but I have never had a bad experience. Shrimp taco is great.

Boop333

Re:"Homemade Ice Cream & Pie Kitchen" Louisville, KY Tue, 04/9/13 3:37 PM (permalink)
                    Uncle Groucho

Santa fe grill. its over by Churchill Downs. Google it, its on 3rd street off of central, they get mixed reviews but I have never had a bad experience. Shrimp taco is great.

Awesome! Thanks for the tip!

Boop333

Re:"Homemade Ice Cream & Pie Kitchen" Louisville, KY Tue, 04/9/13 3:38 PM (permalink)
                      pnwchef

Boop, teach him young, maybe fast food chain food will never touch his lips.......nice report............thx.............pnwc

Can't say that we never eat fast food but our "fast food" preference would be a local dairy bar. 

love2bake

• Total Posts: 1269
                        Re:"Homemade Ice Cream & Pie Kitchen" Louisville, KY Tue, 04/9/13 7:23 PM (permalink)
                        Ooooh--I'd be terribly embarrassed if anyone behind the counter remembered everything I'd ordered the day before!!!    I might go to a different location so my actions could remain stealth...

That is one cute dessert you took back to your room.  I love people's creative and fun ideas.

ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
                          Re:"Homemade Ice Cream & Pie Kitchen" Louisville, KY Tue, 04/9/13 7:59 PM (permalink)
                          Geat pics and report, Boop!Love Kentucky!

agnesrob

• Total Posts: 1790
                            Re:"Homemade Ice Cream & Pie Kitchen" Louisville, KY Tue, 04/9/13 8:47 PM (permalink)
                            Great report Boop! Christian is so handsome! Looks like he enjoyed his food! 

IansMom

• Total Posts: 394
                              Re:"Homemade Ice Cream & Pie Kitchen" Louisville, KY Wed, 04/10/13 9:15 AM (permalink)
                              Santa Fe Grill is good, and so is Molly's but if your downtown you need to try Taco Punk....awesome food...

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15057
                                • Roadfood Insider
                                Re:"Homemade Ice Cream & Pie Kitchen" Louisville, KY Wed, 04/10/13 12:17 PM (permalink)
                                A bunch of my grandkds plus a trio of D-I-L's made the Lego Thingy visit. At $20 a head it was a bit pricey, but all reports were very positive... and worth the bucks.

Earl of Sandwich

• Total Posts: 600
                                  Re:"Homemade Ice Cream & Pie Kitchen" Louisville, KY Mon, 04/22/13 5:34 AM (permalink)
                                  Louisville is quickly becoming one of my favorite roadfood towns!

Earl of Sandwich

• Total Posts: 600
                                    Re:"Homemade Ice Cream & Pie Kitchen" Louisville, KY Mon, 04/22/13 5:36 AM (permalink)
                                    One of the best bakeries I've ever been to is just across the river @ 334 East Court Ave, Jeff's Bakery, Jeffersonville IN.  I never go to the city without making a stop there.

CajunKing

• Total Posts: 6317
                                      • Roadfood Insider
                                      Re:"Homemade Ice Cream & Pie Kitchen" Louisville, KY Mon, 04/22/13 4:11 PM (permalink)
                                      Molly Malones is a good Irish Pub with some seriously good burgers on their menu.  The food has always been good.  They have some good music choices too, a mix of local music and national (smaller acts).

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                        • No New Messages
                                        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                        • Locked w/ New Messages
                                        • Locked w/o New Messages
                                        • Read Message
                                        • Post New Thread
                                        • Reply to message
                                        • Post New Poll
                                        • Submit Vote
                                        • Post reward post
                                        • Delete my own posts
                                        • Delete my own threads
                                        • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                        What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com