The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

New pie themed Rick Sebak show for PBS

buffetbuster

New pie themed Rick Sebak show for PBS Tue, 11/5/13 1:47 PM (permalink)
I saw on twitter last night that Rick Sebak of our local PBS station WQED is working on a new program. The title:  A Few Good Places to Get a Piece of Pie!  And it's not even my birthday!  Some of you may know Rick Sebak from such shows as Sandwiches That You Will Like, An Ice Cream Show and A Hot Dog Program.  I am assuming this will be a national show and not just focus on local places, but his twitter feed shows a beautiful slice of (I assume) coconut pie from Grant's Bar in nearby Millvale.
<message edited by buffetbuster on Wed, 11/6/13 8:44 AM>

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9574
    Re:New Rick Sebak show for PBS Wed, 11/6/13 12:18 AM (permalink)
    BB
    Will you be featured in a starring role as "BB, The Ultimate Pie Monster"???

buffetbuster

Re:New Rick Sebak show for PBS Wed, 11/6/13 8:18 AM (permalink)
      Foodbme-
      No, nothing like that.  But, I will be very curious to see which pie shops and restaurants get highlighted.  BTW, have you ever been to Grant's Bar in Millvale?  I have driven past many times, but never actually eaten there.  Lokking at that slice of pie, it is now high on my to do list!

mamaduck43

• Total Posts: 184
        Re:New Rick Sebak show for PBS Wed, 11/6/13 11:24 AM (permalink)
        I saw that slice of Coconut Cream Pie and immediately added Grant's Bar to my 'have to do when I finally get beck to the 'Burgh' list.....  I also saw the photo of Grant's Bar and realized that I had eaten there many times when I was a kid, but that is when every restaurant was rated on how their grilled cheese sandwich with fries was...  I had a very uneducated palate growing up....
        I have amassed an almost complete collection of Rick's collection of documentaries about the Pittsburgh area - - mostly via Ebay - - and I thought it was a true omen, when the first DVD I purchased was "Things that are no longer there" got popped into my player and I was shocked to see my dad in the opening scenes of the show - - quite fitting since he is no longer here....  Lots of great memories are rekindled when I watch his programs...

Midnights

• Total Posts: 186
          Re:New Rick Sebak show for PBS Wed, 11/6/13 2:04 PM (permalink)
          If he does as good of a job as he did with his other shows, it will be excellent (and it will cover the high points from all around North America).

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
            • No New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
            • Locked w/ New Messages
            • Locked w/o New Messages
            • Read Message
            • Post New Thread
            • Reply to message
            • Post New Poll
            • Submit Vote
            • Post reward post
            • Delete my own posts
            • Delete my own threads
            • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
            What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com