The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

The Incredible Restaurant in the Middle of Nowhere (Staunton,VA) that Nobody Knows About

scrumptiouschef

• Total Posts: 641
The Incredible Restaurant in the Middle of Nowhere (Staunton,VA) that Nobody Knows About Sat, 02/15/14 12:22 PM (permalink)
http://www.esquire.com/bl...hack-staunton-virginia
It is called The Shack, and it opened in late January in Staunton, Virginia, a picturesque hamlet in the central part of the state.

Louis

• Total Posts: 714
    Re:The Incredible Restaurant in the Middle of Nowhere (Staunton,VA) that Nobody Knows Abou Sat, 02/15/14 2:40 PM (permalink)
    Just a thought:  It's only been open a month.  Can it maintain its quality for a year?  Has anyone on this site eaten here?

Pancho

• Total Posts: 915
      Re:The Incredible Restaurant in the Middle of Nowhere (Staunton,VA) that Nobody Knows Abou Sat, 02/15/14 3:03 PM (permalink)
      That place looks right up Metroplex Jim's alley...he has Virginia roots as do I, and I think he will follow up on this. Staunton (STANton) is a beautiful little town. I dated a girl that went to Mary Baldwin located there.

chewingthefat

• Total Posts: 6100
        Re:The Incredible Restaurant in the Middle of Nowhere (Staunton,VA) that Nobody Knows Abou Sun, 02/16/14 11:45 AM (permalink)
        Pancho

That place looks right up Metroplex Jim's alley...he has Virginia roots as do I, and I think he will follow up on this. Staunton (STANton) is a beautiful little town. I dated a girl that went to Mary Baldwin located there.

Pancho, you should have married her, Mary Baldwin =$$$!

Pancho

Re:The Incredible Restaurant in the Middle of Nowhere (Staunton,VA) that Nobody Knows Abou Sun, 02/16/14 12:16 PM (permalink)
          chewingthefat

Pancho

Pancho, you should have married her, Mary Baldwin =$$$!
          You got that right...although I had another one from Middleburg who went to Sweet Briar. She even took her two HORSES to college with her=$$$$$$$!

jmckee

• Total Posts: 1172
            Re:The Incredible Restaurant in the Middle of Nowhere (Staunton,VA) that Nobody Knows Abou Tue, 02/18/14 10:56 AM (permalink)
            I will try to get there the next time we're in Staunton. We go there a couple of times a year, on the way to or from the Outer Banks, or just to spend the weekend shopping, eating, and taking in a few plays at the outstanding American Shakespeare Center's Blackfriar Theater. http://www.americanshakespearecenter.com/

MetroplexJim

• Total Posts: 3706
              Re:The Incredible Restaurant in the Middle of Nowhere (Staunton,VA) that Nobody Knows Abou Tue, 02/18/14 12:17 PM (permalink)
              Pancho

You are correct, sir.

I lived in Staunton for six delightful years while teaching economics at Mary Baldwin College.  Only an NYC magazine writer could call the Queen City of the Shenandoah Valley 'the middle of nowhere'. 

When Staunton started allowing the sale of liquor by the drink in the mid-1970's a number of fine-dining venues sprung up and today that trend still continues.

I still have several friends in Staunton and visit that beautiful city on most every visit to our place in McLean; this summer it will definitely be on my list.

'

Route 11

• Total Posts: 752
                Re:The Incredible Restaurant in the Middle of Nowhere (Staunton,VA) that Nobody Knows Abou Tue, 02/18/14 12:34 PM (permalink)
                It's on my list. Staunton has a lot of good places to eat and drink in and around it. The Depot is delicious, there's a great new brewery downtown called Red Beard, lots of people like Wright's Dairy Rite (I've never been), there's Ox Eye Vineyard's tasting room and if you go north of town to Cross Keys Vineyard you can try wine and have a nice meal.

Pancho

Re:The Incredible Restaurant in the Middle of Nowhere (Staunton,VA) that Nobody Knows Abou Tue, 02/18/14 1:09 PM (permalink)
                  MetroplexJim

Pancho

You are correct, sir.

I lived in Staunton for six delightful years while teaching economics at Mary Baldwin College.  Only an NYC magazine writer could call the Queen City of the Shenandoah Valley 'the middle of nowhere'. 

When Staunton started allowing the sale of liquor by the drink in the mid-1970's a number of fine-dining venues sprung up and today that trend still continues.

I still have several friends in Staunton and visit that beautiful city on most every visit to our place in McLean; this summer it will definitely be on my list.

'
                  Wow...once again it seems our paths have crossed. I have a good friend who lives in Amherst who teaches at Sweet Briar. I dated girls at VI, Sullins, and Radford besides that Mary Baldwin lady. Slightly before your time.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                    • No New Messages
                    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                    • Locked w/ New Messages
                    • Locked w/o New Messages
                    • Read Message
                    • Post New Thread
                    • Reply to message
                    • Post New Poll
                    • Submit Vote
                    • Post reward post
                    • Delete my own posts
                    • Delete my own threads
                    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com