Hot!Favorite crockpot recipes, recipes ONLY.

Author
MikeS.
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 5431
2006/11/10 23:48:18 (permalink)

Favorite crockpot recipes, recipes ONLY.

I'm gonna open this thread and post the actual recipes from the other thread with this name. Please don't use this one for comments but for recipes only.

Thanks,

MikeS.

From Brightcopperkettles;

I have chicken, potatoes, onions, carrots, celery sprinkled with salt, pepper, and herbes de Provence covered with a couple cans of cream of chicken and one can of cream of celery soup going in the crockpot right now, and it is smelling and looking mighty good. Not particularly healthful, probably, but sure smells good, and I was pressed for time.

From Uncle Vic;

My favorite is a box of Uncle Bens wild rice, 1/2 to 1 cup of white rice (both rices uncooked), poured into the bottom of the crockpot.. Add a few carrots, and put some raw chicken thighs or leg quarters on top.. Cover with a can of Cream of Shroom, can of Cream of chicken both mixed togethar with a 1/2 can of milk. Pour it over the mix and let it go 6 to 8 hours (depending on the size of the bird)... Not the most healthy, but sure tastes good... Oh ya, you can dice up an onion and toss over the rice and carrots...

From Dreamzpainter;

I like to take a cheap cut of beef and simmer in stock until it falls apart, adding more onions as they cook away, finally a jarred tomato sauce and a couple more hours simmering. Served over rice or pasta

2 from jvsmon;

I mostly use mine for beef stew (beef, baby carrots, frozen peas and green beans, lots of pepper, garlic salt, Worcestershire sauce, beef broth, 2 cans cream of mushroom, an envelope or two of onion soup mix, and several shakes of whatever spices I have on hand at the time). I don't usually use potatoes because I also make a batch of mashed potatoes and the family puts the stew over them.

But another favorite is boneless chicken breasts, cream of chicken soup, 2 envelopes of Good Seasons Italian dressing mix, and a block (maybe 2, can't quite remember) of cream cheese. It cooks quickly for a crock pot (couple of hours) since the chicken is boneless. Serve over white rice. Mmm-mmm.

From 6star;

On the subject of the thread, I always use the crockpot to make pulled pork for sandwiches from rib tips and other bony cuts.

Hey 6star, maybe you could "flesh' out this receipe some???

2 from BunnySlippers;

Here is my family's favorite and the easiest I can imagine. Very tasty and oh so tender.

Crockpot BBQ Chicken

1 Whole Chicken, washed and dried but not cut up
1/2 cup BBQ Sauce (we like Sweet Baby Ray's)

Place Chicken in Crockpot. Pour BBQ sauce over chicken.
Cook on Low 8-10 hours.

Crockpot Beef and Gravy

1 lg. onion, sliced
2 lbs. Beef cubes
1 can Cream of Tomato Soup
1 can Cream of Celery Soup
Fresh Cracked Black Pepper

Place onions in Crockpot, then beef cubes. Add soups and grind black pepper over all. Cook on Low for 8-10 hours.

Great served over Noodles, Rice or Mashed potatoes.

To be continued...

90 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1