The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat)

Change Page: << < ..101102103104105106107108 | Showing page 108 of 108, messages 3211 to 3222 of 3222
Bonk

• Total Posts: 505
Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Thu, 04/10/14 1:45 AM (permalink)
Anyone tried this place?

http://www.buttshackgrill.com/

I guess it used to be in New Baltimore but outgrew the location there.

TJ Jackson

• Total Posts: 4486
    Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Thu, 04/10/14 10:58 AM (permalink)
    I didn't know where New Baltimore was, so I goggled it, and also learned that "New Haven" is right near by

Now that I know New Haven is so near by, I will be heading their for a fresh clam apizza later tonight! 

W O O T

(I have not been to the Butt Shack, but it sounds like I should try to get there soon, despite fairly high prices)
    <message edited by TJ Jackson on Thu, 04/10/14 11:02 AM>

ScreamingChicken

• Total Posts: 4737
      Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Thu, 04/10/14 11:05 AM (permalink)
      If the Butt Shack needs an advertising jingle I suggest contacting the B-52s...

TJ Jackson

Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Thu, 04/10/14 12:18 PM (permalink)
        or Sir MixALot

Time for Pie

• Total Posts: 54
          Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Thu, 04/10/14 5:52 PM (permalink)
          I was in Cincy a couple of weeks ago...quick trip to see Mom and visit the eye Dr.(trip report: Niemerg's, Effingham, IL;Skyline, Batesville, IN; Riley's, Sharonville, OH; Frisch's, Norwood, OH; Gold Star Chili, Harrison, OH. all good, of course) and saw a Quatman's Cafe in Blue Ash (I think).  Is this a 2nd location or did the original one close?

TJ Jackson

Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Thu, 04/10/14 6:05 PM (permalink)
            Quatman's original location is in Norwood, just a few north-ish blocks from where I now work, and it is still going strong

Quatman's second location is in Mason: http://quatmancafe.com/mason/

Bonk

Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Thu, 04/17/14 9:38 PM (permalink)
              WCPO says St. Louis' Pi Pizzeria is coming to downtown later this year.

http://www.wcpo.com/lifestyle/food/st-louis-favorite-pi-pizzeria-coming-to-cincinnati-later-this-year

Rabkin

• Total Posts: 65
                Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Fri, 04/18/14 1:22 AM (permalink)
                Here's a (maybe) sort of out-of-left-field query that's kind of interesting (to me), nonetheless:  Which Cincy-based eating establishment do you feel has good-to-great-to-excellent food, but what keeps you from making return trips is the questionable (read:  outright lousy/inattentive/downright RUDE) service?  I'll name two that I've experienced personally (in no particular order of either food-ish excellence *or* abysmal level of service):  Marx Hot Bagels in Blue Ash (seriously, the "Bagel Man" is not a service personage to be emulated), and Terry's Turf Club (I'd read - right on these boards - of questionable-at-times service, from the top down at TTC; then I watched, rapt, the Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives episode (hosted by multiple-lines-of-blow-in-human-form Guy Fieri) featuring TTC and Terry, himself, on camera, and I found him to be nearly blow-for-blow in the douchebaggery arena with Mr. Fieri (although approaching said douchebaggery from a wholly different perspective);  and then I actually decided to go and sample some of Massah Terry's eats 'n' overtures o' hospitality, and when I did?  Well, let's say that the burgers, tasty (and - GOOD GOD - overpriced) as they are, did little to make up for the open surliness that I experienced from purt' near everybody who called themselves a Terry's Turf Club employee that day.

So.  I throw it out to you:  Which Tri-State establishments have pretty gol'durn decent damn food, but at the same time, indifferent-to-flat-out, "what-the-EFF-are-you-doing-here-taking-up-my-app-purchasing-and-playing-time" horrid service?
                <message edited by Rabkin on Fri, 04/18/14 1:34 AM>

Bonk

Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Fri, 04/18/14 2:03 AM (permalink)
                  The one that comes to the forefront of my mind is Boston Butz, but they closed, and I'd bet my last cent it was because of bad service. I documented our experience there two years ago about 30 or so pages back, but it was the worst service I've ever received in my life. And it was always painfully slow there, I think from incompetence rather than apathy. And that's a shame because their food was excellent and the prices were very reasonable.

Most of the times when I have a service issue it's at a chain, and if I'm there I guess I deserve it, right?

I've been to Terry's at least four times and I've never had any of the problems you mention with service. We don't go there more because of the wait, the cramped quarters, the prices -- not bitching about them but it's not a once-a-week stop at $12 a burger -- and also we moved further east last year and it's just not convenient to get there for us.

We only talked to Terry once, it was during a late lunch, and he seemed fine. He talks kind of quietly so it was hard to understand him from where we were sitting. That was about three years ago.

TJ Jackson

Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) Fri, 04/18/14 11:03 AM (permalink)
                    Rascals in Blue Ash has excellent food but really sh!tty service and the high prices make it even more of a treat

TJ Jackson

Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 1 day and 7 hrs. ago (permalink)
                      I don't know if anyone had expressed any affection for this place, but Demetrios IV (http://www.urbanspoon.com...etrios-IV-Cincinnati), a diner on the border of Madisonville and Mariemont, closed at the end of March.  I had never been there, but stopped by last night (too late) with the intention to try it out

Time for Pie

• Total Posts: 54
                        Re:WhereToEat: Cincinnati and N.Ky (open chat) 1 day and 2 hrs. ago (permalink)
                        TJ, Demitrios IV was a good restaurant of the "Greek diner" style that you can find elsewhere in Cincinnati.  My wife and I ate there at times when we found ourselves on the East side.  It had some interesting history, some told in the name.  The three previous Demitrios locations were also popular neighborhood places.  The one I was most familiar with was Demitrios II which was near the Hollywood theater in College Hill for many years.  I believe someone continued at that location under the name "Mitrios" for a time, but I don't know if that is still there.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                          Change Page: << < ..101102103104105106107108 | Showing page 108 of 108, messages 3211 to 3222 of 3222

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 6 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                          • No New Messages
                          • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                          • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                          • Locked w/ New Messages
                          • Locked w/o New Messages
                          • Read Message
                          • Post New Thread
                          • Reply to message
                          • Post New Poll
                          • Submit Vote
                          • Post reward post
                          • Delete my own posts
                          • Delete my own threads
                          • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                          What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com