The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Does anyone remember....aquarium candy??

explainitagain

• Total Posts: 1
Does anyone remember....aquarium candy?? Mon, 03/1/10 10:51 PM (permalink)
Hi all,
My friend swears that he used to have this candy when we were younger. He said it was called aquarium candy and came in a rectangular tube with toothpaste-type cap to squeeze out the gel inside. He says it was blue raspberry flavored.

I cannot find any reference to this anywhere (it is not the first link that comes up when you google "aquarium candy"). He may have the name wrong...or maybe he's pulling my leg and sending me on a wild goose chase.

Anybody remember anything like this? Probably early 90s - he grew up in Pittsburgh.

I always say if it existed it has to be on Google somewhere...but I am stumped.

6star

• Total Posts: 4388
    Re:Does anyone remember....aquarium candy?? Mon, 03/1/10 11:21 PM (permalink)
    Here's one (still available) that matches the description, but not the name.  Perhaps he just called it that, since it looked like blue aquarium water.

http://www.bulkcandystore.com/store/Squeeze-Pops-Liquid-Lollipops---Blue-Raspberry-P753C62.aspx

Sahri19

• Total Posts: 1
      Re:Does anyone remember....aquarium candy?? Wed, 01/15/14 7:38 AM (permalink)
      explainitagain,

I just made a username so that I could answer this. I totally remember what you are talking about, down to the flavor, and I have been looking for it for a long time. It used to be sold at the gas station that my mom worked at, and it was my favorite candy. I have not been able to find it anywhere. I am glad it was 'Aquarium Candy' because when I got desperate I started to search for 'Fish Tank Candy', obviously with no luck. 

I do believe that it is extinct, but at least I know I am not crazy thanks to your post. I was starting to feel like no one else on earth had heard of the stuff.

~Sahri19

Treetop Tom

• Total Posts: 322
        Re:Does anyone remember....aquarium candy?? Wed, 01/15/14 3:43 PM (permalink)
        This shows up - not sure if it is what you're thinking of.  Looks like a totally low-budget production.
        http://www.candyfavorites.com/aquarium-candy

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
          • No New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
          • Locked w/ New Messages
          • Locked w/o New Messages
          • Read Message
          • Post New Thread
          • Reply to message
          • Post New Poll
          • Submit Vote
          • Post reward post
          • Delete my own posts
          • Delete my own threads
          • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
          What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com