Pickle (condiment) Tricks

Author
mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 15279
2011/12/06 14:23:22 (permalink)

Pickle (condiment) Tricks

First of all let me declare that I am not a real 'Pickle' lover. I tend to remove most pickle slices I find on Burgers or alongside a sandwich. I will eat them now and then as a bite 'on the side' or as a strong Dill Spear with a lunch. OK, You get the idea that I tolerate rather than pursue pickles most of the time.

Lately, However, we came across Half-Gallon (64oz) bottles of spicy sliced pickles produced using the FAMOUS DAVE's Label while shopping at Costco. The slices are a spicy sweet pickle chip that I find very good. So Maybe I am a convert to pickle lover after all these years.

That's not my purpose in starting this thread though. As we spooned out some of the pickle-chips there remains the spicy/sweet brine in the jar. Seems like a shame to waste it, so we boiled a half-dozen eggs, peeled them and dropped them into the jar with the remaining pickles (more than half the bottle) and at least a quart plus of the brine. After sitting in the juice for three days I tried one of the eggs...downright good !! Not as strong flavored as the red-colored bar eggs I have enjoyed, but getting that way. I will wait a couple more days to see if a 5 day egg is better than a 3 day egg, and will report back.

Anyone else ever play with their pickles or eggs???
post edited by mayor al - 2011/12/06 14:30:36

29 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1