Swiss food near LAX

Author
mar52
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 8404
2012/05/21 00:09:31 (permalink)

Swiss food near LAX

I've passed by Chalet Edelweiss many times and today I actually ate there.

http://www.chaletedelweiss.us/menu.php

What a great find!  Swiss food in the Los Angeles area, Westchester to be exact.

When you walk through the door you feel like you're in an outside patio.  There is a faux tree on one side and the Alps on the other. 

The menu proved troubling.  There were so many things that I wanted to try.

I started out with the...

Käse-Bier-Suppe mit Schwarzwälder Schinken
Bitburger beer with Black forest ham and cheese combined in a tasty soup with a warming color and flavor   $7.00

I happen to love cheese and beer soup and this one didn't disappoint. The toast pieces on top and the little pieces of Black Forest Ham were a bonus. The soup had a sweet undertone which I found out from the manager was vanilla.

There were four of us and we all agreed to try the Raclette.

Swiss Raclette cheese melted over a layer of potatoes,
served with cocktail onions, pickles and tomatoes appetizer size $9

The description of the Swiss Raclette is exactly what we were served.  I could eat it as an entres.  Cheese and potatoes are great comfort food.  Watch out for that hot plate!

I ordered the Jaeger Schnitzel

Choice of sautéed pork loin Schnitzel or chicken breast, topped with bacon bits, mushrooms, croutons and pearl onions, served with homemade Spaetzli and red cabbage   $20

It was outstanding!  I'd order it again if I didn't want to try a different dish.

What I really noticed was all food descriptions are spot on.

I've had Spaetzli in the past, but this was a bit different.  After making the Spaetzli, it was heated up or fried.

The other things ordered by my friends were a steak salad...

and one of the specials of the day which was some sort of a turkey dish.  I didn't pay too much attention to it because I was enthralled with my own.

We were offered apple strudel and fried apple rings over vanilla ice cream but we'd had enough.

Chalet Edelweiss is very cute inside.  With a few items brought here from Switzerland we felt like we were in a real chalet.

That pizza oven in the center of the picture is for the pizzas that the Swissphobes must order.

What a great place!  It's just a block or two from the In n Out by LAX.

6 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1