Weekend of Interest,Roadfood, Traveling Man and Cirque du Soleil

Author
mr chips
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4726
2012/11/03 14:01:57 (permalink)

Weekend of Interest,Roadfood, Traveling Man and Cirque du Soleil

A week ago Trudy and I spent an interesting weekend filled with road food, a visit from a longtime road food friend, and  show from one of my favorite group of artists.it was quite fun weekend and I'm really happy to share it with you.
       Day 1
               Trudy and i started out from Portland and drove directly to Cottage Grove, Oregon(125 miles south of portland and  15 miles south of Eugene) to Big Stuff barbecue. This is a road food reviewed place located in downtown Cottage Grove, a short drive from I-5. The owners have their own smoker and the barbecue is quite good. My brisket with sauce was spicy and tangy and smokey, a surprise because it was so unexpectedly good and in such an unlikely place. Trudy had a barbecued chicken which was smokey and very good. The baked beans were sweet and tangy and Trudy's coleslaw better than normal. The owners are two brothers who were convivial, happy to talk barbecue,and happy to see their place reviewed online. The place was not well known to foodies in Eugene but it is quite a spot and well worth a visit if you are driving down I-5 or in the Eugene area and looking for good food. Thanks to roadfooder jim Scheppke who wrote the review and put the place on the radar for roadfooders.
      My  evening was spent at the Cirque du Soleil show Quiddam, presented at the Matthew Knight aren on the University of oregon campus. This is my ninth Cirque show and it is one of the oldest, first presented in 1994. It was filled with dance, skipping rope,aerial dynamics(no trapeze this time)sic) and the usual(to me) interesting comedy. It was great evening and worth the drive and time.
post edited by mr chips - 2012/12/01 18:49:03

7 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1