The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Great pork chop in Kentucky - please help me remember

mjsneddon

• Total Posts: 230
Great pork chop in Kentucky - please help me remember Thu, 11/29/12 10:46 AM (permalink)
Greetings all:

I heard about a place - small town or perhaps just near a small town in Kentucky where one could get the best (and perhaps largest) pork chope on the planet.  For the life of me I can not remember the name of the place or the town.  I thought sure that I could turn it up by googling it but have failed thus far.  Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Mike Sneddon
Mattoon, IL

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17845
    Re:Great pork chop in Kentucky - please help me remember Thu, 11/29/12 11:05 AM (permalink)
    Knock'em Hill BBQ in Herndon, Kentucky?

ScreamingChicken

• Total Posts: 4737
      Re:Great pork chop in Kentucky - please help me remember Thu, 11/29/12 11:06 AM (permalink)

The Travelin Man

• Total Posts: 3698
        Re:Great pork chop in Kentucky - please help me remember Thu, 11/29/12 2:48 PM (permalink)
        Knock'em Hill certainly sounds like the place. In my opinion, this is not worth a drive from anywhere - maybe if you just happened to be driving by. Al reported from our Glee Club meeting last year that the place is just ordinary. They have a great and enthusiastic ownership, but the food is not up to even middling standards of southern barbecue. This was a case where more is not necessarily more.

So, to the original post....yes, one might find the "largest" smoked pork chop here, I wouldn't call it the best. as I have found better in Texas BBQ parlors.

Poverty Pete

• Total Posts: 2266
          Re:Great pork chop in Kentucky - please help me remember Thu, 11/29/12 4:36 PM (permalink)
          I thought the chop was pretty good the first time I went, the other offerings not so much.   The place burned down a few years ago, and didn't really come back as strong as the original.

will_work_4_bbq

• Total Posts: 400
            Re:Great pork chop in Kentucky - please help me remember Thu, 11/29/12 6:51 PM (permalink)
            Maybe not the best, but I enjoyed my gigantic chop from Knock'em Hill.....for many days!

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15066
              • Roadfood Insider
              Re:Great pork chop in Kentucky - please help me remember Thu, 11/29/12 7:20 PM (permalink)
              I agree with all of the above.  The giant chop is edible, and if you are near Clarksville, TN and looking for a novelty lunch, head out to Hearndon,KY just a few miles away.  One trip with satisfy your curiosity and cement your own opinion of the place.
              AL

wanderingjew

• Total Posts: 7399
                • Roadfood Insider
                Re:Great pork chop in Kentucky - please help me remember Thu, 11/29/12 7:52 PM (permalink)
                I agree with most folks on here

I enjoyed the chop for what it was- a pork chop- but to put the word "smoked" or "bbq" in the same sentence would be an insult.

Louis

• Total Posts: 714
                  Re:Great pork chop in Kentucky - please help me remember Fri, 11/30/12 9:53 AM (permalink)
                  I have to agree with Pete.  I think the place lost some of its edge after the fire--not a lot, but something was just not right.  And it could be the supplier of the chops, for all we know.

Art Deco

• Total Posts: 889
                    Re:Great pork chop in Kentucky - please help me remember Tue, 12/4/12 6:33 PM (permalink)
                    Another possibility might be the 2" thick pork chop at Patty's 1880s Settlement.  Not as big as the beast at Knock'um Hill, but probably a lot better...

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15066
                      • Roadfood Insider
                      Re:Great pork chop in Kentucky - please help me remember Wed, 12/5/12 1:35 AM (permalink)
                      If you travel I-70 'tween St Louis and INDY, in Casey, IL close to the IN State line is Richard's FFamily Restaurant. They have a giant Pork  Chop also... braised and with a tomato-based sauce (not Catsup or BBQ). Another Pork Roast hiding in a Pork Chop Label...but good flavor.

Poverty Pete

• Total Posts: 2266
                        Re:Great pork chop in Kentucky - please help me remember Wed, 12/5/12 8:35 PM (permalink)
                        I remember that one. The dining room is the inside of a big red barn,  It was good, too.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                          • No New Messages
                          • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                          • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                          • Locked w/ New Messages
                          • Locked w/o New Messages
                          • Read Message
                          • Post New Thread
                          • Reply to message
                          • Post New Poll
                          • Submit Vote
                          • Post reward post
                          • Delete my own posts
                          • Delete my own threads
                          • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                          What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com