Costco liquor

Author
MikeS.
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 5493
2012/12/07 05:11:36 (permalink)

Costco liquor

I was in Calif. for 12 days back in October visiting friends and family and doing some sightseeing. I knew that Costco sold hard liquor there in most of their warehouses. So I stopped by the Clovis warehouse to see what they had. They have a pretty good selection, much better than when I was there in 2001.

I picked up some staples like Bombay Sapphire and Patron tequila plus a quality vodka, I forget now which one. I had read about them offering a Kirkland Signature (KS) Bourbon but had never had the opportunity to try it. But with it being Costco I figured it couldn't be too bad. So I grabbed 2 1 liters.

On my way home I stopped in Salmon, ID at a cousins house. He offered me a shot of some rotgut, being quick on my feet I said Hey! I have a bottle from Costco I want to try. We broke open the KS Bourbon and proceeded to sample it. A couple fingers of that with some ice and it was very tasty. I liked it as well as I like Maker's Mark. But it was much less expensive. I believe I paid 15.95 a liter in Calif. I must say he and I put a hurt on that bottle. We stayed up late talking about family stuff. Let me say that he and his wife Peggy built themselves a very nice house on 11 acres overlooking Salmon. I left him with what remained of that bottle.

So here I am driving East with 1 bottle of KS Bourbon left and I get this bright idea. I've about 2k miles before I get home. There must be another Costco warehouse along my route that sells liquor. Sure enough Omaha Nebraska does. I used my Ralph Melton* iPad special to track this down. Thanks again Ralph! I made it to the Omaha location about 20 minutes before closing. Sure enough they had a good supply of the Bourbon and of the KS Tequila. I picked up a couple bottles of each. I still haven't tried the Tequila, huuummmm maybe tonight??? They also had a Patron gift set. I picked up 1 of these for my oldest, she always likes to raid my stash. So now she'll have her own at Christmas.

Moral of the story, Costco sells a lot of reall good stuff under their KS brand. I've only been dissapointed twice that I can remember.

* Ralph, Laurie and I cruised NOLA last March and Ralph was kind enough to let me play with his iPad. I really liked it and commented that when I got home I'd have to track down an Apple store and buy 1. He offered to take me to the local store and I bought mine that same day. It was the only computer I had on my 9,341 mile trip thru 23 states and I really like it. I take it with me everywhere.

31 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1