The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Cirque du Soleil,Roadfood, and Vintage T.V, A Fun Weekend Road Triip

mr chips

• Total Posts: 4715
Cirque du Soleil,Roadfood, and Vintage T.V, A Fun Weekend Road Triip Sat, 03/16/13 5:26 PM (permalink)
                  Last weekend Trudy and i took a trip to the Seattle area to see a  new Cirque du Soleil show Amaluna in suburban Redmond. The weekend also included visits to nearby Snoqualmie and Rosyln to visit sites associated with memorable 1990's television series.
      Our trip began as it often does with a visit to the Roadfood reviewed Burgerville for a quick  breakfast. Burgerville is a local chain devoted to local food and its breakfast menu features local sausage and free range eggs on its breakfast sandwich .  Our drive to Tacoma suburb Lakewood was uneventful and we reached our destination the recently Roadfood reviewed Moon Rise Cafe fairly quickly. The Moon Rise featured excellent food and atmosphere. Vegetarian eggs benedict , good biscuits and gravy, excellent coffee and very large sandwiches were featured. Service was first rate(apparently there is a local ordinance against empty coffee cups)  and the vibe was one of a local gathering place . One of the owners told us with obvious pride that they had bested road food reviewed    Knapp's in a breakfast competition . To sum up, Moon Rise Cafe is a worthy stop for roadfooder's looking for a breakfast place in the south Tacoma and environs.
     Dinner was at the Soho restaurant in downtown Redmond. The place has a very diverse dinner menu(waffles, short ribs tacos, seafood, soups, various salads) with no particular ethnic or food type emphasis. We opted for a tapas style dinner of soups, clam cakes and italian breads. Also a non-alcoholic agave drink that I liked.The restaurant could have used a little more focus but the food was pretty good and it was only a mile to the cirque du Soleil show.
     Amaluna was a little different from some of the other Cirque shows i have seen. The band was all female, the music more rock oriented, the message one of feminine strength and endurance. As always the the acts were sensational ,the highlights a pair on unicyclists in hoop skirts, tightrope walkers and a hunky juggler of great skill. A worthy addition to the Cirque family
<message edited by mr chips on Sat, 03/30/13 2:06 AM>

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com