South Central TN / Corinth MS / northern Bama

Author
Heartbreaksoup
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 443
2013/03/17 16:27:32 (permalink)

South Central TN / Corinth MS / northern Bama

So I am in the earliest stages of planning another two-day circumnavigation, which I might do in June.  This time, I'm considering starting in Chattanooga, and then taking I-24 to Monteagle, and US-64 west through Fayetteville, Lawrenceburg, and Savannah TN, then to Corinth MS, southeast to Muscle Shoals/Florence AL, then Athens/Huntsville, south to Cora, Birmingham, Leeds, Anniston, and back to Atlanta.

It's easy enough to track down barbecue places in this region (and if you are not familiar with it, bbqinbama.blogspot.com is a terrific resource), and I'll be researching Davwud's wonderful blog as well.  What I am specifically looking for in these corridors, give or take 20 miles either way along my route, are really old drive-ins, dairy bars, hot dog joints, curb service, the older the better.  Repurposed Tastee-Freezes, great big signs, wacky roadside architecture a must.  I've already been to Tasty Dip in Heflin and I hope to visit Goal Post BBQ in Anniston around sundown on this trip to see their animated neon sign in action - things like that.  All ideas along those lines welcome!

11 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1