Hot!Boston: 21.7 miles of walking and dining

Author
kaszeta
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 681
2013/05/08 16:45:51 (permalink)

Boston: 21.7 miles of walking and dining

On May 4th, 2013, I did the Boston Death March.   Like Last year's thread on Chicago, every year a group of my friends (primarily people from Tivocommunity.com) has an annual tradition of picking a major metro area, then finding a nice 20+ mile walking route through the city that takes you through a large number of neighborhoods, and then basically walk it all in a day, stopping frequent to eat, drink, and otherwise enjoy the parts of a city you might not otherwise explore. We call it a "Death March".  This year, our destination was.... Boston.  Here's the route:

This year, we had the luck to also have Roadfood's Chris and Amy join us for the walk, along with their  friend Yvel.   Dale & Sandra joined us for the last segment of the walk as well.

I'll start posting about the walk and the various food establishments we visited along the way.  While the March is mostly about walking and seeing, it involved more than a little eating.  On the March, we visited:

1. Sullivan's Castle (alas, arriving a wee bit too early for Lobster rolls)
2. Liberty Bell Roast Beef
3. El Triunfo Salvadoran Food
4. South End Buttery
5. Super 88
6. Toscanini's
7. Durgin Park

We also visited Elephant Walk and Craigie on Main as extras (the night before and the day after the walk)

post edited by kaszeta - 2013/05/10 15:36:11

41 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1