The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Atlanta - Nashville - Memphis - St. Louis - KC

JerseyGirl82

• Total Posts: 4
Atlanta - Nashville - Memphis - St. Louis - KC Wed, 06/19/13 12:37 PM (permalink)
Hi everyone! I am so happy to have stumbled across this site. My boyfriend and I are leaving on a road trip in 2 1/2 weeks - the basis of this trip is around food, mostly BBQ. We'll be traveling between 5 different cities (Atlanta, Nashville, Memphis, St. Louis and Kansas City) and we are actively searching for great local road eats. I think we've found places in the major cities for dinner, but we're also looking for places to stop along the way. 

We are flying into Atlanta and staying with friends in Roswell, although we are open to suggestions for anything fun and quirky in that area.

From Atlanta, we will be driving to Nashville, with a planned stop in Lynchburg. Unfortunately we'll be there on a Sunday, but it is my understanding that we can still do the Jack Daniels tour, but not buy anything. It seems that eating at Miss Mary Bobo's Boarding House is a must, and that reservations are required. Any feedback on that, or other things to do in the area?

We are spending one night in Nashville, and then driving to Memphis for a night - definitely looking for suggestions of places to stop for lunch along I-40 somewhere in between these two cities. 

From Memphis, we will be taking I-55 to St. Louis. We were thinking about stopping at Lambert's Cafe in Sikeston on the way, as it seems like a good halfway point. Any feedback or suggestions on other places in the area?

Our final leg will be I-70 from St. Louis to Kansas City, and I would welcome any suggestions for places to stop along the way. 

Thank you so much, and I am looking forward to hearing suggestions and any other tips from anyone who has done a similar trip. I am excited to post about our findings and experiences to share with fellow foodies! 
<message edited by JerseyGirl82 on Wed, 06/19/13 2:28 PM>

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 3 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com