Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Marlins, Moros, Mamey and the Miracle Mile

wanderingjew

• Total Posts: 7399
  • Roadfood Insider
Marlins, Moros, Mamey and the Miracle Mile Sun, 06/23/13 8:36 PM (permalink)
A few weeks ago I was on a 3 day weekend trip to Miami.
I've promised to do this trip report before it even started and my life has been incredibly busy that I can barely stand to look at a computer screen. 

One thing before I begin, all of these photos are untouched. I did not have time to photo shop them, they are raw. So if they all don't look clear and pristine then c'est la vie...

Saturday June 1

I left  TF Green on a non stop flight to Ft Lauderdale... After arriving and waiting in a longer than what I would consider normal line for my rental, I made my way to the Hotel in Doral just west of Miami Airport and met up with Travelin Man and his buddies Amanda and Brian..

Travelin Man and company had just gotten into town the night before to catch the the beginning of the Marlin's series against the Mets.

ironically our first stop was in the direction from whence I came

Le Tub

In Hollywood, just south of Ft Lauderdale

Probably the only toilet themed burger joint in the country as if you couldn't already tell..

I was actually relieved to know that we wouldn't be sitting on the pot as we were eating our meals..

Seating options are indoors our .....we chose to sit outside...and be forewarned...

at your discretion...

As we arrived we were joined by two additional friends of the Travelin Man..

Since I'm back in the tropics. the whole microbrew thing just doesn't make sense here...however...

This does! 

Although there are several menu options...It's the burgers that you want. I've never been here before but I know that Le Tub has made several "best burgers in the country" lists and I was completely looking forward to some ground cow...

I ordered mine medium, and opted for the basics with swiss cheese.. As my lunch arrived, I observed that those for those who ordered swiss, our burgers arrived "smashed" while those that ordered  american (or was it cheddar) received a  more photo worthy burger...But forget the aesthetics....this was one fine burger worthy of what could be a best burger award of the year....I can't say it's the best the burger I ever had (that distinction still goes to The Sport Bar and Restaurant in Livingston MT) but it certainly lived up to it's expectations and then some....

Observing this sign when I first walked in

I beckoned to its call..

I ordered a slice of Key Lime Pie for the table to share...
As you can tell by the color, this is the real deal...It was cool and refreshing...but I'll admit I'll take the Le Tub burger over their pie any day...

After lunch...I admired this nice view of the Causeway just next door to Le Tub

Finally  I am arriving at what is once again my last official ballpark that I've never been to...
This was my first view of Marlins Park in Miami as we arrived...

Home of the newly named "Miami Marlins" this is the second season for the brand new ballpark, built right over the now demolished Orange Bowl... The Marlins Ballpark offers a retractable roof...Considering that we were going to expect a typical June Miami day (90 degrees with lots of humidity and a guaranteed down pour sometime in late afternoon) the roof was closed..

Once inside the  ballpark, a stop at the Bobblehead Museum was a must..

Not only do they feature ballplayers past and present...

but they feature their mascots as well...

There were a couple of unique features about the ballpark...

The state of the art scoreboard...

The aquarium (with fish) behind home plate...

and this tropical beach...Whenever one of the Marlins score a home run, the marlins circle around and water spouts upwards into the air... 

And for your listening and dancing pleasure.... the ballpark even has it's own South Beach nightclub 

The Clevelander....an offshoot of the original South Beach location..

The game itself was a good one......if you're a Marlins Fan...However the two Mets fans sitting besides me certainly didn't think so....With very poor offense...I believe this was the game when the Mets scored one run towards the end of the game...avoiding a complete blow out... 
All I kept thinking was I couldn't believe this was the same team that swept my Yankees earlier that week!

Look like I had a couple of disappointed Mets fans to console at the end the game...

After the game...we headed to South Beach for dinner...

Much more to come...

but I'll leave you with the Marlins Mascot..

Billy Marlin 
<message edited by wanderingjew on Mon, 06/24/13 7:21 PM>

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com