The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Poverty Pete ,Chips and Sam visit Portland Roadfood spots

mr chips

• Total Posts: 4715
Poverty Pete ,Chips and Sam visit Portland Roadfood spots Fri, 07/5/13 11:14 PM (permalink)
Last Friday June 28, the Poverty Pete Grand American road tour hit the Portland area. Poverty pete and I spent the morning sampling my favorite breakfast and sandwich spots in Portland until he hit the wall and had to sleep during the afternoon. Breakfast was the Cameo Cafe in northeast Portland, a place that combines  superb American standard breakfasts with Korean specialties and provides magnificent morning meals. I had a kimchee omelette with a special bread toast from a secret recipe that was a mixture of marvelous flavor. The kimchee flavor with the sourdough flavor  of bread almost always produces gustatory ecstasy for me and I enjoyed it immensely as always. Pete hat a plate sized vegetable pancake served with sauce that produced a wondrous combination of flavors. pete loved the dish and said the breakfast was outstanding. He took some photos and I'll try to get a review uploaded. Every roadfooder I've taken to the Cameo has  loved it and i hope to add a review soon.
      We also went to the Bahn Mi sandwich place,. This is a Vietnamese sandwich shop where high quality sandwiches are sold dirt cheap(2.25 a shot) Pete snacked on them later and really enjoyed.
       pete slept in the afternoon but Trudy and i enjoyed the evening watching the bands on tour with Pete. Music performance good, dancers and acrobats marvelous, a fun evening had by all. Only 1 day but a lot of fun

<message edited by mr chips on Sun, 07/7/13 12:28 PM>

EdSails

• Total Posts: 3548
    Re:Poverty Pete ,Chips and Sam visit Portland Roadfood spots Sat, 07/6/13 2:13 AM (permalink)
    Sounds like a lot of fun. I loved the Cameo Cafe when I was there with Jim. Jim knows Portland like no one else. Poverty Pete, I am glad you had a good time. I wish i could have been there to see the show too!

Poverty Pete

• Total Posts: 2266
      Re:Poverty Pete ,Chips and Sam visit Portland Roadfood spots Sat, 07/6/13 6:09 PM (permalink)
      I sent the pics to Sundancer. When you post the review, I think he can add them in for you. The Cameo Cafe is excellent.
      Ed, it's still tentative, but our last show of the year is likely to be at the Hollywood Bowl, in concert with the LA. Philharmonic.

Tonight's show in Denver has sold 8000 tickets.

EdSails

• Total Posts: 3548
        Re:Poverty Pete ,Chips and Sam visit Portland Roadfood spots Sun, 07/7/13 2:39 AM (permalink)
        Poverty Pete

I sent the pics to Sundancer. When you post the review, I think he can add them in for you. The Cameo Cafe is excellent.
        Ed, it's still tentative, but our last show of the year is likely to be at the Hollywood Bowl, in concert with the LA. Philharmonic.

Tonight's show in Denver has sold 8000 tickets.

Please let me know when you confirm it. I'd love to get a couple tickets.

pnwchef

• Total Posts: 2227
          Re:Poverty Pete ,Chips and Sam visit Portland Roadfood spots Sun, 07/7/13 11:55 AM (permalink)
          Looks like a fun day Jim, happy you all had some good Roadfood. ..........pnwc

mr chips

• Total Posts: 4715
            Re:Poverty Pete ,Chips and Sam visit Portland Roadfood spots Sun, 07/7/13 12:36 PM (permalink)
            son sam is back in Portland after living 4 a year with his birth family in Alhambra in Socal. he took me out to lunch at the Grilled Cheese Grill in N.E. Portland( a road food reviewed spot). They had an excellent  grilled cheese and turkey sandwich which I loved and a double grilled cheese which Sam ate and loved This is a great place along N.E. Alberta's restaurant row and i strongly recommend it to visiting roadfooders. It is one of Sam's favorite places in P-town and it was a delight to return to
            <message edited by mr chips on Sun, 07/7/13 1:34 PM>

lleechef

• Total Posts: 6208
              Re:Poverty Pete ,Chips and Sam visit Portland Roadfood spots Sun, 07/7/13 7:28 PM (permalink)
              Jim
              You and Trudy must be very happy to have Sam back in Portland!!!
              We just spoke to Poverty Pete.  He and his group are going to be in Dublin, OH (about 10 miles from us) on July 30th for a performance.  We are going to meet up with Steve on the 29th and of course take him to dinner, lunch the next day and we will see the group perform on the 30th.  Looking forward to it!!!!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                • No New Messages
                • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                • Locked w/ New Messages
                • Locked w/o New Messages
                • Read Message
                • Post New Thread
                • Reply to message
                • Post New Poll
                • Submit Vote
                • Post reward post
                • Delete my own posts
                • Delete my own threads
                • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com