Hot!Random Food Related Thoughts

Author
drummagick
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 170
2013/08/03 16:11:18 (permalink)

Random Food Related Thoughts

I belong to a forum where someone started a random thoughts thread.  This was for when you just wanted to make a comment about something on your mind, maybe a quick question that didn't need a whole, long, involved thread.  Stuff like that.  It ended up being a very popular thread that went on for many, many pages.  I started a 'random' thread' at two other forums, one is up to over 200 pages and at the other we start a new random thread every month.  I was thinking it might be fun/interesting/a total washout maybe here but I'm willing to give it a try.  I'll go first.

When I was very young my mother used to make a dish occasionally that I absolutely loved. She would make a lovely cream sauce with butter and flour and whole milk, salt and pepper, and when the cream sauce was just right, would dump in a can of whole white potatoes and heat them up and I loved this dish just about more than anything else she made for years.

I'm at the age where I'm starting to get nostalgic for the places and things of my youth.  I remembered this concoction today and how good it was so I stopped at the store and picked up a can of diced white potatoes (I've also gotten lazy) and a small container of half and half because all I drink now is 2% and it had to be a bit higher fat than that.  I made a lovely white sauce, adding just a pinch of onion powder which my mother never did, a long grind of fresh black pepper and a big pinch of kosher salt.  Drained those potatoes and dumped them in and heated them up.  Poured some in a bowl and OMG YUCK!!

I think my palate has matured over the years.

83 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1