Hot!Que & Stew of the Month (& Crappy Brit kitchens, too)

Author
JRPfeff
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2724
2013/08/18 19:51:19 (permalink)

Que & Stew of the Month (& Crappy Brit kitchens, too)

I told the ScreamingChicken that I was going to steal his Chicken of the Month idea and do the same thing with North Carolina barbecue.  I was going to name the thread Pig of the Month, but didn't want to change my screen-name to ScreamingPig.

The plan is to eat at one highly acclaimed NC barbecue restaurant each month and order the same items to compare: Barbecued Pork; Brunswick Stew; Cole Slaw; and Hush Puppies.

For the restaurants, I started my list with the 23 pits that are on the NC Barbecue Society's Historic Barbecue Trail (Trail Map). I then added all the NC barbecue places with RoadFood reviews and also added all the barbecue restaurants I found at the Our State website (NC's glossy monthly travel magazine). The list is up to 46 restaurants, with many showing up in multiple places.  However, only 5 restaurants are included in each of the 3 sources.

Pie Diva is visiting this weekend and we have started our comparison of the food at some of the pits.  Reports will begin to be posted very soon.

post edited by JRPfeff - 2013/12/27 08:47:46

135 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1