La Palma Chicken Pie Shop

Author
rumaki
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1012
2013/08/26 14:25:25 (permalink)

La Palma Chicken Pie Shop

This is really a more, "Should I have eaten here?" question.

I was in Anaheim over the weekend for a board meeting.  It was a whirlwind trip -- I arrived at LAX around 4 p.m. on Saturday, went to my hotel in Anaheim and went to bed, attended my meeting on Sunday morning, returned to LAX, and flew out at 3 p.m.  (I know Orange County airport is closer to Anaheim, but the airfares were prohibitively expensive.)

I had no car of my own; I took SuperShuttle to the hotel and an Execucar back (I was on a very tight schedule returning to LAX).
But enroute to my hotel (the Anaheim Marriott), we drove past this great looking place called the La Palma Chicken Pie Shop on Euclid Street.  I see that it has been mentioned on Roadfood in 2010 because of its terrific neon sign.  It's gotten mostly positive reviews on the usual sites (Yelp, Urbanspoon, etc.), though a few people sneer at its "dirty carpets."  But it looks like a great place to me -- chicken pies, fried chicken, mashed potatoes, homemade rolls and pies. 

Anybody been there recently?  Not that I'm planning a return to Anaheim, but still . . . I loved the San Diego Chicken Pie Shop that I visited some years ago, and this looks like it might be similar.  Maybe Wanderingjew has been there?

3 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1