The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Mooyah!

MetroplexJim

• Total Posts: 3705
Mooyah! Tue, 08/27/13 12:14 PM (permalink)
Founded only six years ago, the Dallas-based burger chain, Mooyah, has been metastasizing like crazy; they now have over 50 stores in 12 states and are opening soon in Bahrain, Kuwait, Dubai, and Qatar!  

Save for one little thing I would find their success praiseworthy.  The "little thing" is that, like "McDowell's" in the Eddie Murphy movie "Coming to America", their initial "business plan" was a total "rip-off". 

In 2007, before Five Guys got around to expanding into Texas, Mooyah's opened their first store in Plano.  Flat out, it was a Five Guys with a different sign - right down to the store layout, service line, color scheme, menu, fries, bulletin board, and 'free' peanuts-in-the-shell; even their web-site was identical!  The only "differentiation" I could detect was the fact that they served milkshakes. 

I wrote Five Guys about this and they evidently got their lawyers after them, but even now, six years later, you'd swear you were in a peanut-less, milkshake-serving Five Guys.

This guy certainly isn't fooled:

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
    • No New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    • Locked w/ New Messages
    • Locked w/o New Messages
    • Read Message
    • Post New Thread
    • Reply to message
    • Post New Poll
    • Submit Vote
    • Post reward post
    • Delete my own posts
    • Delete my own threads
    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com