Breakfast By The Sea

Author
crew84row
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 174
2013/10/27 13:28:36 (permalink)

Breakfast By The Sea

I just returned from a business trip to Fort Lauderdale.  While I didn't have opportunity to try many RF type places as other food options--friends' homecooked dinners/business lunches abounded.  But I did manage to squeeze in a nice burger from the Brickyard  in Daytona Beach (sorry no pictures as camera refused to charge up) and a couple of nice breakfasts on the way to meetings.

The Brickyard burger came out superb.  Medium with nice pink inside, thick (1/2 inch?), fresh tomato and lettuce and brown mustard.  The small tasting of coleslaw was rough chopped cabbage some carrots in a light vinegar based dressing.  The fries were very thin but okay.  Washed down with a draft of Florida Lager (out of Melbourne) which I was surprised to see on tap given the Brickyard is covered with Bud and Coors logos.  A good choice for a quick meal after a long drive.
One morning, on the way from FLL to Boca Raton, I pulled into my fav donut shop Dandee Donuts on East Atlantic Blvd.

As you can see the sun's not quite up yet and the lot is full.  
I usually get a sourcream cake donut (left) which is my fav, and one other...This time I spied a walnut cruller.  It was chocolate batter inside and must have been sitting in the case a while as it was very dry and I didn't finish it, even stuck in traffic.

14 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1