A Fond Memory Returns- DANISH DESSERT

Author
mayor al
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 15230
2013/10/31 16:58:30 (permalink)

A Fond Memory Returns- DANISH DESSERT

One of my favorite 'pudding-pie fillings' from my youth was  Junket's  "DANISH DESSERT" a Raspberry flavored , corn-starch based pudding/sauce/glaze. No one else in my family cared for it plain, but over a bowl of peaches it made a fine 'Peach Melba' dessert.  Two cups of water, the mix and bring to a boil  til it thickens...much like all the Jell-o  mixes. Sometime in the 70's ( I think) the demand dropped and it disappeared from store shelves.... although the strawberry version still can be found now and then.

Recently I found a source for my old favorite--on Amazon's grocery section. I have ordered some and will try it to see if the memories remain positive with the renewal of an old favorite.

As a boy, I would make a box just for me... Licking the spoon and the cooking pan clean before washing them, it would make two servings of 1 cup each...one I would eat while it was still warm/hot and usually a bit runny, the second one would be refrigerated and eaten chilled and quite thick.  My fingers and mouth area would be stained deep red from the stuff..so to preserve my image I would not do this on a school night, as I took a lot of 'girlie' comments if I showed up the next day at school with lipstick stains all over my face.
Taste test report and maybe a photo will follow in a week or so.

Anyone else remember this delicious kid-pleaser??
AL

11 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1