Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Reno, Carson City, Truckee, Mammoth Lakes and other US 395 spots January 2014

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 49 of 49
EdSails

• Total Posts: 3588
Re:Reno, Carson City, Truckee, Mammoth Lakes and other US 395 spots January 2014 Sun, 02/2/14 2:54 PM (permalink)
Thanks, agnesrob, lleechef and Ann.

FriedClamFanatic, it does sound like fun. I think it would be neat to stay in a caboose! Out here, you can stay on the steamship Queen Mary. The rooms are small which is what it was like in the Queen's heyday, but it does allow you to eat in some good restaurants and see what it was like during the time the Queen was traveling across the Atlantic. 

Ram4

• Total Posts: 17
    Re:Reno, Carson City, Truckee, Mammoth Lakes and other US 395 spots January 2014 Mon, 02/3/14 4:58 PM (permalink)
    Great report, thank you (especially for the photos).  I really enjoyed that area (Reno, Tahoe, Truckee) when I was out there in 2008.  I'm a big CFS fan, but I like it true Texas/Oklahoma style without sausage in the gravy.

EdSails

Re:Reno, Carson City, Truckee, Mammoth Lakes and other US 395 spots January 2014 Tue, 02/4/14 1:07 AM (permalink)
      Ram4

Great report, thank you (especially for the photos).  I really enjoyed that area (Reno, Tahoe, Truckee) when I was out there in 2008.  I'm a big CFS fan, but I like it true Texas/Oklahoma style without sausage in the gravy.

I agree, Ram4. Neither Jax' or Cracker Box's CFS had sausage in the gravy. I've really seen very few places that have sausage, except on biscuits.

Jim2903

• Total Posts: 232
        Re:Reno, Carson City, Truckee, Mammoth Lakes and other US 395 spots January 2014 Tue, 02/4/14 1:36 PM (permalink)
        Awesome trip report -- the food looks fantastic. But I have to play train nerd and note that the V&T's Inyo was built in 1875, not 1895

EdSails

Re:Reno, Carson City, Truckee, Mammoth Lakes and other US 395 spots January 2014 Tue, 02/4/14 3:00 PM (permalink)
          Jim2903

Awesome trip report -- the food looks fantastic. But I have to play train nerd and note that the V&T's Inyo was built in 1875, not 1895

My bad!

Pancho

• Total Posts: 915
            Re:Reno, Carson City, Truckee, Mammoth Lakes and other US 395 spots January 2014 Tue, 02/4/14 3:18 PM (permalink)
            EdSails

Jim2903

My bad!
            I noticed that, too...but didn't want to embarrass you or blemish an otherwise fantastic report.

EdSails

Re:Reno, Carson City, Truckee, Mammoth Lakes and other US 395 spots January 2014 Tue, 02/4/14 6:02 PM (permalink)
              Pancho

EdSails

Jim2903

My bad!
              I noticed that, too...but didn't want to embarrass you or blemish an otherwise fantastic report.

Hey....choo choo happens!

Pancho

• Total Posts: 915
                Re:Reno, Carson City, Truckee, Mammoth Lakes and other US 395 spots January 2014 Thu, 02/6/14 4:16 PM (permalink)
                Hey Ed...NICE JOB on the Cracker Box review today! I knew it was you.

EdSails

Re:Reno, Carson City, Truckee, Mammoth Lakes and other US 395 spots January 2014 Thu, 02/6/14 4:24 PM (permalink)
                  Pancho

Hey Ed...NICE JOB on the Cracker Box review today! I knew it was you.

Thanks, Pancho. I called yesterday to verify a few facts before I finished the review and talked with Jerry, the owner. It made me even happier about choosing them-----he is a true gentleman and passionate about keeping the spirit of the place true to what he started doing. A nice guy too!

lleechef

• Total Posts: 6246
                    Re:Reno, Carson City, Truckee, Mammoth Lakes and other US 395 spots January 2014 Sat, 02/8/14 8:12 PM (permalink)
                    Hey Ed,
                    Did you ever come across a place in Truckee called Burger Me! ?  I just saw it on DDDs on the Food Network.  WOW!  The burgers looked fantastic!

ricoboxing

• Total Posts: 33
                      Re:Reno, Carson City, Truckee, Mammoth Lakes and other US 395 spots January 2014 Tue, 02/18/14 2:26 PM (permalink)
                      thanks for da awesome report.... im hungry now!!

harriet1954

• Total Posts: 1087
                        Re:Reno, Carson City, Truckee, Mammoth Lakes and other US 395 spots January 2014 Thu, 03/6/14 10:41 AM (permalink)
                        Ed, while I have no desire to move back out West, I would like to very much check out those parts of California, and areas outside Vegas in Nevada. I've actually got a list now. Whether this happens is another matter, but as long as I've got REAL pictures to show my other half, that might be all that's needed. He's never seen the West.

Greymo

• Total Posts: 3666
                          Re:Reno, Carson City, Truckee, Mammoth Lakes and other US 395 spots January 2014 Thu, 03/6/14 12:48 PM (permalink)
                          Ed,

I can't believe that I missed this great report when you first posted it.....................but I am glad that I did because I could read the entire report at one time and that is what I like!

ChiTownDiner

Re:Reno, Carson City, Truckee, Mammoth Lakes and other US 395 spots January 2014 Thu, 03/6/14 1:02 PM (permalink)
                            Ed -
                            You really capture the full flavor of each stop with your great photographs!  Great work!  I love the mix of colors, people, food and everything in between.
                            Now that you got the trains and automobiles, we just need the planes!  Maybe the Reno Air Races!
                            Looking forward to catching up in Cinci...
                            CTD

<message edited by ChiTownDiner on Thu, 03/6/14 3:57 PM>

eruby

• Total Posts: 586
                              • Location: Carroll County, People's Republic of Maryland
                              • Roadfood Insider
                              Re:Reno, Carson City, Truckee, Mammoth Lakes and other US 395 spots January 2014 Thu, 03/6/14 2:28 PM (permalink)
                              Fantastic report Ed!  Truly excellent pictures.

I'd be all over that chorizo and beans!!

EdSails

Re:Reno, Carson City, Truckee, Mammoth Lakes and other US 395 spots January 2014 Thu, 03/6/14 2:38 PM (permalink)
                                ChiTownDiner

Ed -
                                You really capture the full flavor of each stop with your great photographs!  Great work!  I love the mix of colors, people, food and everything in between.
                                Now that you got the trasins and automobiles, we just need the planes!  Maybe the Reno Air Races!
                                Looking forward to catching up in Cinci...
                                CTD

Will you settle for a boat? Cabo, 2010.....

Thanks, everyone! I enjoyed doing this report......and I know there are more places to go next time I do it. 

ChiTownDiner

Re:Reno, Carson City, Truckee, Mammoth Lakes and other US 395 spots January 2014 Thu, 03/6/14 3:56 PM (permalink)
                                  Do you think that boat is big enough for just you and I? 

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17845
                                    Re:Reno, Carson City, Truckee, Mammoth Lakes and other US 395 spots January 2014 Thu, 03/6/14 4:20 PM (permalink)
                                    Well, she's big enough for Ed. You, I'm not so sure.

ChiTownDiner

Re:Reno, Carson City, Truckee, Mammoth Lakes and other US 395 spots January 2014 Thu, 03/6/14 4:37 PM (permalink)

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                        Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 49 of 49

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 24 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                        • No New Messages
                                        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                        • Locked w/ New Messages
                                        • Locked w/o New Messages
                                        • Read Message
                                        • Post New Thread
                                        • Reply to message
                                        • Post New Poll
                                        • Submit Vote
                                        • Post reward post
                                        • Delete my own posts
                                        • Delete my own threads
                                        • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                        What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com