Hot!Campbell's Classic Chicken Gumbo. Where????

Author
leethebard
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6203
2014/03/02 13:28:23 (permalink)

Campbell's Classic Chicken Gumbo. Where????

In the 50's of my childhood, lunch was often a sandwich and a bowl of Campbell's soup (What they call the "classic" line now) I liked whatever mom served up...Don't get me wrong ...she made super homemade soup..like her Italian wedding soup(She called it meatball soup)...but in her mind it was ok to have Campbell's for a quick lunch...Tomato and grilled cheese...Bean with bacon with crusty Italian bread...Chicken noodle,especially when we had a cold......BUT my favorite was Chicken Gumbo...just loved the taste of the broth...and I didn't care if it had some strange vegetable called Okre in it. Still today we keep some red and white cans of Campbell's in the house for quick lunches (great in winter)...but no store in my area carries Chicken Gumbo. I know from their web site it's still made, and hasn't gone the way of Pepper Pot(ugh, tripe??)...but I guess it lost out in the valuable shelf space war. Got it where you are? 
     Any fond memories of those Red and White cans? What was your favorite? Funny how "Chicken Gumbo" brings back a flood of memories of growing up in the 50's!

46 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1