Mr. Dee's Hot Dogs in Sayreville/Parlin, NJ

Author
yuppicide
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 219
2014/06/01 00:02:38 (permalink)

Mr. Dee's Hot Dogs in Sayreville/Parlin, NJ

They closed awhile ago. I miss the "Special Dee" sauce. Some kind of potent garlic topping and I wanted to find the owner and buy the recipe for my personal use. I'll sign a non-disclosure if he wants. I like it that much.

A few (years?) ago on here someone mentioned the family might own a diner in Hazlet, NJ, I've just been lazy about getting there.

Yesterday I decided to Google the diner.  They have a bunch of Sabrett hot dogs on the menu. That's a good sign, as Mr. Dee's was a Sabrett's dealer. I figured this might be a good chance they own the diner, so I set out to drive there today.

It's about 1 hour and 15 minutes from me, but I figured worst comes to worst I'll maybe find some place cool to stop at.

I got there and didn't know who to talk with.. I don't just want anyone. I was looking around for someone who seemed like they'd care. I was asked by the girl at the register if she could help me, so I said give me a minute I want to place a to go order, and I questioned her about the family who owned the place. She didn't know much, but said to speak with so and so. I had saw so and so walk by a few minutes earlier, and she looked to be a take charge type of person by the way she walks fast, carries her voice, and was dressed nicer.

So I ordered some food and sat on my cell phone until I saw her come out. I asked her and she was very nice telling me the owner of the diner was Dan, but he didn't own Mr. Dee's. He (bought? rented?) I forget the building after. He was operating a drive through for awhile. I struck out.

So, now I've got a few options:

1 - Call back when Dan is there or write a letter explaining my situation. Maybe he can at least give me some more info.. maybe he's still in contact with the other person. 

2 - Call the agency handling the building and see if they have any info.

3 - Call up Sabrett's and see if they have any old information on file.

Either way I think if people aren't willing to give out personal information, which I understand, I'll have a short letter ready and see if any of those people will forward that letter to the person if they do have any information.

Anyway, thought you'd enjoy my story. I'm gonna do some cold calling on Monday if I get a free moment at work. I may or may not be able to share the recipe if I get it, but I'll at least update this thread and post pictures.

Again, if anyone has any leads for me let me know. I hadn't acted upon this for so long, but I need to.

16 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1